Ive had this issue for about 2 weeks now, and my battery is dead by 5pm when i fist got the phone at launch it would last until about 8-9

Ive followed some guides such as resetting my cache and disabling google services but its still bad atm

Currently at 33% cell stanby

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-16-2016 10:14 PM
    I have this issue with my note 5 ... haven't found a fix for it yet
    Hopefully samsung sends out a patch to fix this

06-16-2016 10:20 PM
    Turn off Google Back Up
    06-16-2016 11:21 PM
    Turn off Google Back Up
    Not sure which Google Back Up you meant. There's the Photo back up, and then the back up for passwords, wi-fi, apps, etc. Really didn't want to lose the back up on all that, but I already have my photos linked to my OneDrive account, so the Google Photo Backup was redundant, so I turned that off last night. I had noticed a significant change in the past few days on my battery life. I'm not sure just what changed, but I was also seeing a big increase in Cell Standby. After turning off the Photo Backup last night Cell Standby is now way down the list at 9% usage, and at 11:30 am I am still at 90% battery. I haven't used my phone a lot this morning, but that is significantly better than I had been doing the past few days, and back to what I was getting before the last Verizon update.
    06-17-2016 11:23 AM
    I have learned that the google play music was the cause ( in my situation, everyone else maybe different), once I disable it, the problem is gone.
    06-17-2016 12:30 PM
    Not sure which Google Back Up you meant. There's the Photo back up, and then the back up for passwords, wi-fi, apps, etc. Really didn't want to lose the back up on all that, but I already have my photos linked to my OneDrive account, so the Google Photo Backup was redundant, so I turned that off last night. I had noticed a significant change in the past few days on my battery life. I'm not sure just what changed, but I was also seeing a big increase in Cell Standby. After turning off the Photo Backup last night Cell Standby is now way down the list at 9% usage, and at 11:30 am I am still at 90% battery. I haven't used my phone a lot this morning, but that is significantly better than I had been doing the past few days, and back to what I was getting before the last Verizon update.
    Can you give me a step by step to disable this? Sry im new to android

06-17-2016 03:55 PM
    The data backup was recently linked to having issues with Doze not working properly. But yeah, redundant processes needs to be turned off for less battery use.
    06-17-2016 04:43 PM