Battery life problems with the screen

Arnaud Saget

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
Hello everybody.

Just switch 2 days ago from iOS to a new brand galaxy s7 edge.

But the fact is I have issues with my battery life. Picked up my phone at 100% at 10h40 and 2 hours later, there is just 65% left ..

In the battery settings, the software told me that the screen took about 40% of the battery and the android system about 20%.

So I got a huge matter with my screen, don't matter how beautiful it is.

Please could you tell me what to do in order to increase my experience with android and Samsung?

Thank you by advance.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Depends. What were you doing during those 4hrs? But actually that's a bit high though. Even playing games, I usually use about 10-12% per hour when I play. Could you post the battery stats and graph?

Arnaud Saget

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
I don't know why but I can't upload the screen shot.

I have 54% left
Time remaining 6h18m
Time on battery 6h35m

Screen 38%
Web 20%
Android system 19%

Arnaud Saget

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
I mean the different settings I could have made (using nova launcher, all my contacts, wallpaper ...).
If I do a factory reset, will it mean I will have to install all the applications again?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Make a backup using both SmartSwitch and Helium. Copy the backups made using Nova's layout backup. And yes You'll need to reinstall apps, but the SmartSwitch backup would have it covered covered anyway. But I don't think a factory reset is needed.

How long during that 6hrs was the screen on, and what were you doing when the screen was on?

Arnaud Saget1

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Nothing special, I didn't play games. Internet and customization, I think that's all.

And last night, the phone has lost 20% just like that, it's a way too much. Otherwise the phone is great and it doesn't lag at all.
Just this battery issue, which is very disturbing, I have to charge my phone twice a day ..

Will a factory reset fix it?

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
You obviously have a wake lock or sync issue. My S7E is flawless. Getting over 8 hours SoT per charge and 1-2 percent drain overnight. Do a factory reset, turn off bluetooth, nfc, auto sync, all the edge features, advanced calling features, smart stay, always on display, all fhe advanced features, and other features you dont use. Remember turn on the features YOU use, i dont use most of these. Turn on what you like etc.

Posted via Nexus 6P

Approvoi

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem of batt drain. It resolve after I switch to sevenabstract theme. I think the gist is don't use live wall paper and unnecessary widgets

Posted via the Android Central App

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The overnight bit with rather high drain can be dismissed for now. Android is still learning your usage. App Optimization (Doze) will kick in after 3-7 days once the phone starts to build an algorithm of which apps you use a lot, and which apps to Doze when the phone is idle.

Could you download GSAM Battery monitor, full charge your phone, then let it run for 2 or 3 charging cycles then show us the monitor results?

Arnaud Saget1

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
I think I will do a factory reset. Hope it will be efficient.
I can't understand why other people can fully enjoy their gs7 edge with wifi, sync, widgets, AOD, bluetooth, games ... for a day while mine can barely withstand a half day with a lot of power saving. It's really annoying.

It is maybe still learning my habits but yet, the battery drain is really impressive (worse than my old iPhone 5).

And I'm using the nova launcher so I can't have a black theme, and I don't want so much get back to touchwizz ..

Do you think a factory reset will fix my problem?

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I can't understand why other people can fully enjoy their gs7 edge with wifi, sync, widgets, AOD, bluetooth, games ... for a day while mine can barely withstand a half day with a lot of power saving. It's really annoying.

It is maybe still learning my habits but yet, the battery drain is really impressive (worse than my old iPhone 5).

And I'm using the nova launcher so I can't have a black theme, and I don't want so much get back to touchwizz ..

If you install a dark touchwiz theme, the likes of the menus, messages, dialler, will all be dark even once you go back to Nova.

I'd go for the reset too. Been known to work many a time. I have everything on constantly on my phone (apart from AOD and I don't play games) and even when my battery was bad due to the last version of firmware, it still wasn't that bad.

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site

I have Nova and still have a dark theme on my phone - Weyo

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If your battery is acting up like this and you just got your phone, I would recommend, if all else fails, to swap out your current Samsung and get a new one. Battery life should not be like that after four hours, if you are not doing anytbing super strenuous.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I would clear cache before doing a complete reset. That usually does the trick for me. My phone gets 6-8 hours SOT and I'm a pretty heavy user. If I were a light user I could go for days between charges.

I have BT on always, WiFi on always but set to sleep when screen is locked. I also have location on. AOD is on only from 9pm to 7am. This phone is a beast with battery life and gets better every day.

Arnaud Saget1

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Well .. The factory reset didn't work at all, and I have the feeling this is even worse now.
I took my phone this morning at 100%, guess what, it is 37% 7 hours later and I did nothing special with it at all. It's really bad and I'm very disappointed. 700$ for a phone which doesn't work ...
I asked for a refund. I really wanted to switch from iOS to android but now I have serious doubts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech