Unkwown Ad Application on S7 Edge

djin25

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
I made the mistake of trying to download an APK game file, which just gave me no results. I deleted the APK files, and etc. But now, every time I turn my screen and unlock it, it goes straight into an ad for like a app, or a survey. I looked into my application manager, and found something weird. I looked through all the apps, and found an app with no name, and the picture was just a white background. You khow how the Snapchat logo is just the yellow background, and white ghost. This app is just a white background. When I click to see for info, all I get is it is Version 1.0, and I can't uninstall it or pause it. I have a good feeling this is the cause for all my ads. Can someone help me with my situation. It's much appreciated. :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 6.39.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 6.39.56 PM.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 64

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure there's no other cause? Apps by Cheetah Mobile like Du, Clean Master etc? ES explorer also puts ads on opening the lockscreen.

Well, you might have to factory reset. Failing that you'll have to root your phone to get rid of an ad app that embedded itself as system app since factory reset can't delete that.

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
If you go into your file manager, try and do a search for files for whatever the game/APK was called. It may bring up a file(s) that you can delete. Obvs be careful that they are obviously to do with that rather than deleting critical stuff...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar