I've been considering a factory reset to see if I can start fresh. I've had the phone since it came out. Anyone think I'm crazy or would this be a good thing?

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-19-2016 12:55 AM
    I did it last week
    06-19-2016 01:02 AM
    I did it last week
    How did it go? Did it help performance or battery life? Do you recommend it?

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-19-2016 01:09 AM
    I usually do one after a big update, like the one last week (was 350mb for me). Easier to just do it than wait for bugs to appear to see if it does need it. Lol. Been doing a factory reset after updates since my Nokia smartphone days. Won't change it now when some bugs are still occuring post update that a factory reset fixes.
    06-19-2016 04:35 AM
    I usually do one after a big update, like the one last week (was 350mb for me). Easier to just do it than wait for bugs to appear to see if it does need it. Lol. Been doing a factory reset after updates since my Nokia smartphone days. Won't change it now when some bugs are still occuring post update that a factory reset fixes.
    Would clearing the app cache suffice or do you really need to do both?
    06-19-2016 04:49 AM
    Would clearing the app cache suffice or do you really need to do both?
    You don't need to do a clear cache if you do a factory reset.

Clearing the cache would help some problems, but not all. I tend to just suck it up and nuke it anyway. Lol. At least that way I'm sure what I'm seeing if any bug appears is actually a bug, not something that a reset would have fixed. It's really up to you if you will or not. It's not mandatory.
    06-19-2016 04:55 AM
    You don't need to do a clear cache if you do a factory reset.

Clearing the cache would help some problems, but not all. I tend to just suck it up and nuke it anyway. Lol. At least that way I'm sure what I'm seeing if any bug appears is actually a bug, not something that a reset would have fixed. It's really up to you if you will or not. It's not mandatory.
    I've always done it myself but with the website fingerprint sign-in on the stock browser I've become really lazy in remembering passwords so it's become a massive chore to do one now. I've also never found anything that will reinstall my apps since Google backup stopped working properly, so I have to rely on screenshots and manually getting them all.

I know I should but I might give it a week and see what bugs I have first.
    06-19-2016 04:59 AM
    SmartSwitch will reinstall apps. As well as Helium if you go premium version. Helium will even reinstall app data, no root needed to backup or restore. I use Samsung backup and Chrome so no issues on passwords for me. You could try LastPass. A lot of people seem to swear by it.
    06-19-2016 05:01 AM
    Have had mine since I got it on March 21st and once I activated it and set it up, I never felt the need to do a factory reset. I hate to have to constantly erase everything, put it all back, etc. I wipe my cache mostly after updates and it's been working fine for me. I don't see it as necessary for me to factory reset the phone unless I'm ready to sell it or have a severe issue that nothing else can fix apart from doing a factory reset. I value my data and it's truly a hassle for me to constantly put everything back to how I like it every time I were to do a factory reset. So, I'm happy with my phone the way it is and I'm hoping to keep it that way.
    06-19-2016 02:22 PM
    I had to do it, Bluetooth was behaving weird
    06-19-2016 08:22 PM
    I don't know why but when I get to the point of having to do a Factory Reset it means it's time to sell it.
    06-20-2016 12:28 AM
    I have done it after major updates for all my phones going back several years. What I noticed most recently on the S7Edge was that it took several days for battery life to return to excellent.
    06-20-2016 06:09 AM
    I have, but that's only because for a time, I was installing and uninstalling a bunch of different launchers to try them out, as well as various other apps. All of those apps can leave junk behind on your phone that clearing the cache won't get rid of. So I just do a factory reset to clear everything out and start fresh. Sometimes, I re-install my apps manually as well. That way I only install what I really use.
    06-20-2016 01:31 PM
    As a former iPhone user it gave me standard of not needing to do any resets ever. I won't do it on Android either.
    06-20-2016 04:30 PM
    I have once.
    06-20-2016 06:47 PM