My S7 Edge did it's updates the other day, and since then the Game Tools have stopped working completely.

I have tried deactivating and reactivating it through settings, restarting the phone, turning off Game Launcher.

When I go into the details of the Game Tools app, it states that there is an update available. However I cannot find where to actually update it.

Game Launcher is up to date, and even this has stopped working. It wont actually recognise games anymore. When I try to add a game to it, I get to the app list, choose the game app, press 'Add' and nothing happens, at all.

I love the Game Tools app and, having only owned this phone for a week, I would be so annoyed if I now cant get it to work.

Restarting the phone while connected to WiFi and charging hasn't forced through any updates. I cant find Game Tools in the Play store or in Galaxy app store. I have searched for software updates but nothing is apparently available, despite Game Tools telling me an update IS available.

Has anyone had a similar issue, or can anyone point this relative noob in the right direction.
    06-20-2016 03:36 AM
    Look in the Galaxy App Store for the updates.
    06-20-2016 04:16 AM
    This happened to me but only with game tools. I got it back working by going to applications>application manager and uninstalling the app updates for game tools.

Try this with both of them to see if it works.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-01-2016 12:55 AM
    i had the same issue. it fixed itself once i created a Samsung account (email and password). once signed in, i launched the app it prompted me to update it
    07-14-2016 11:33 AM
    My S7 Edge did it's updates the other day, and since then the Game Tools have stopped working completely.

I have tried deactivating and reactivating it through settings, restarting the phone, turning off Game Launcher.

When I go into the details of the Game Tools app, it states that there is an update available. However I cannot find where to actually update it.

Game Launcher is up to date, and even this has stopped working. It wont actually recognise games anymore. When I try to add a game to it, I get to the app list, choose the game app, press 'Add' and nothing happens, at all.

I love the Game Tools app and, having only owned this phone for a week, I would be so annoyed if I now cant get it to work.

Restarting the phone while connected to WiFi and charging hasn't forced through any updates. I cant find Game Tools in the Play store or in Galaxy app store. I have searched for software updates but nothing is apparently available, despite Game Tools telling me an update IS available.

Has anyone had a similar issue, or can anyone point this relative noob in the right direction.
    Same exact issue my friend. Im so upset...
    10-06-2016 12:59 AM
    Same exact issue my friend. Im so upset...
    01-19-2017 12:35 AM
    I fixed mine by going to Application Manager>Game Optimizing Service>Permissions. Make sure 'Storage' is turned on. Good luck. Worked for me 👍
    01-19-2017 12:40 AM

02-17-2017 05:14 PM