My first Edge and don't like it. How do you hold it without tapping unwanted icons

keld

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, so I decided to switch from my LG G4 to the S7 Edge 3 days ago.
I'm really impressed by the speed, the screen, the camera.

One thing that really bothers me is that the metal edges are too thin on the sides and when I hold the phone in one hand and interact with it with the other hand, the hand holding the phone overlaps the screen edges and it keeps pressing buttons and opening menus.
Yesterday I was holding the phone in portrait mode looking at photos using the google photo app and I switched to landscape mode and it sent to the photo to the trash because of the way I was holding the phone, my finger touched the edge with the trash icon was.

Also I keep getting the error that there's moisture in the charging port even though it's been almost 48hrs that the phone was in contact with water. Restarted the phone, cleaned the port, and it's still popping up...

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a case? A good case will help a lot with accidental screen touches. I think that it will just take time for the moisture to clear all the way out.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Yep, a case is the only way to solve that. I had the same issue.
As far as the moisture, I cant speak for that as I haven't gotten my phone wet.

Posted from my S7 Edge via the Android Central App

keld

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Thank you.
Any recommendation on a case? I want something as low profile as possible, the phone being quite big already...

Abby Normal

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I am holding mine very carefully and still hitting something now and then.....

I am more worried about dropping it because of not wanting to click on anything..... but I am not a case person... so I guess something is going to have to give to get best answer.....

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I actually have the Edge capabilities turned off. I wasn't using them alot and I kept bumping them. I love this phone for the battery, camera, and screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently using a Speck case, but I also have a Spigen Hybrid, and Obliq case that I really like.

Posted from my S7 Edge via the Android Central App

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I am not really a case person, either, and have never used one until this phone because of its fragility. Same with screen protectors (after having tried on on my Palm Pilot back in the '90s). I have two cases for this phone: a clear rubbery one with a pretty butterflies-and-flowers design on the back and a more protective one from Oblique that has a brushed steel look on the back. The former I use at home and the latter I use when I am out and about. The latter is noticeably heavier and thicker than the former, but that's because it is made to protect. That being said, no harm was done to my phone in the rubbery clear case a couple days ago when it was knocked off a tray table with my iPad, landing on its back with the iPad on top of it (which is interesting, since on the table, the phone was sitting on top of the iPad). I use the case-friendly screen protector from Best Skins Ever without issues.

The cases do help with not hitting stuff by accident, especially the thicker one, but like you, I find it easier to hit stuff in landscape mode (which I mostly just use for playing The Sims Free Play and taking photos). I recommend just browsing through Amazon to find a case you like; that's what I did - and how I ended up getting two instead of one, LOL! At least one was only $8.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I am not really a case person, either, and have never used one until this phone because of its fragility. Same with screen protectors (after having tried on on my Palm Pilot back in the '90s). I have two cases for this phone: a clear rubbery one with a pretty butterflies-and-flowers design on the back and a more protective one from Oblique that has a brushed steel look on the back. The former I use at home and the latter I use when I am out and about. The latter is noticeably heavier and thicker than the former, but that's because it is made to protect. That being said, no harm was done to my phone in the rubbery clear case a couple days ago when it was knocked off a tray table with my iPad, landing on its back with the iPad on top of it (which is interesting, since on the table, the phone was sitting on top of the iPad). I use the case-friendly screen protector from Best Skins Ever without issues.

The cases do help with not hitting stuff by accident, especially the thicker one, but like you, I find it easier to hit stuff in landscape mode (which I mostly just use for playing The Sims Free Play and taking photos). I recommend just browsing through Amazon to find a case you like; that's what I did - and how I ended up getting two instead of one, LOL! At least one was only $8.

I've found that I accidentally click on keys on the keyboard I didn't intend to without a case. It's something with my palm accidentally touching the keyboard that doesn't happen when I have a case. I use a very slim you see through case.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I've found that I accidentally click on keys on the keyboard I didn't intend to without a case. It's something with my palm accidentally touching the keyboard that doesn't happen when I have a case. I use a very slim you see through case.

I adjusted my keyboard size to get around this one. That and I was having trouble getting some of the far side keys to register because they were so close to the curved edge. I just pulled the sides in some and haven't had a problem since.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol