Best exercise app in combo with Gear S2

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I rarely go out running but I use an elliptical regularly and would also like to track my daily walking. I used to use Cardiotrainer to enter my elliptical workout manually and it was also nice to track when I went for a long walk. I have been letting S Health track my steps but that seems to be way off. I have a Gear S2 now so I don't know if that tracks steps more accurately but even if so, is there a way to convert that into mileage, or to enter your stride length? Or is there something better that works with the watch to track your steps? I am just looking for opinions on what is a good app or combo of apps to track your daily walking and also manually enter elliptical workout that are fairly accurate.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the Gear Fit 2 to track my steps, workouts and sleep. S Health seems to work surprisingly well to log all this information automatically as well. I did go into the settings to have it only track my steps and stuff using the Gear Fit 2, rather than using both the phone and the tracker.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It does. I will try to see if it's more accurate with the watch. It would be nice if you could adjust it to your stride length though and if you could tell if the elliptical workout was slow or fast paced.
Yeah unfortunately you can't do that with s health.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech