Looking in settings/applications list I see a Control TV app which I don't remember seeing before. May have come in the last update? I assume its an app to control a Samsung TV. Must be a native app since there is no option to uninstall. There is an option to Stop or Disable but disable is greyed out. Problem is, It does not show up in any folder or in the apps list. Anyone know if it can be accessed?
    06-23-2016 01:14 AM
    It installed on mine a couple days ago with a galaxy apps update. I went to the Galaxy app store, found the app there and it would not open. Others mentioned the same thing in reviews. The app is no longer listed in the Galaxy app store.
    06-23-2016 01:30 AM
    Maybe it's part of the smart view app. I'll check it out later.
    06-23-2016 01:33 AM
    Customer service first told me it wasn't there. I was about to send a screenshot when they came back and said it wont do anything cuz the phone does not have an IR Blaster. I know my S4 did..probably an s6 does (dont know) and it may just be part of the software upgrades across the phones and if your phone has that option, it will automatically activate?? Seems to me it should sense the lack of the hardware capability and not install or at least not show up.
    Oh well.
    06-24-2016 02:03 PM
    Customer service first told me it wasn't there. I was about to send a screenshot when they came back and said it wont do anything cuz the phone does not have an IR Blaster. I know my S4 did..probably an s6 does (dont know) and it may just be part of the software upgrades across the phones and if your phone has that option, it will automatically activate?? Seems to me it should sense the lack of the hardware capability and not install or at least not show up.
    Oh well.
    It's is tied to the smart view app. It actually does work with my Samsung tv.
    06-25-2016 07:17 AM