moving from Windows Phone to Samsung - Contacts not shown in 'Phone', help please...

zlx

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi @ll

I've just moved from Windows Phone to Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. All my contacts are in live.com account. The contacts are now shown in 'Contacts' on my Samsung, but not in my 'Phone' App. It somehow did not syncronized the two apps.

Did the same on my wifes phone where it worked perfectly. What am I doing wrong? How can get my 'Contacts' into the contact-section of my phone-app?

Any help much appreciated! Thanks

zlx

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
Have you tried checking the contacts to display settings?

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it's set on 'All Contacts' in 'Contacts to display'

It seems that Android can not import the phone numbers etc (Names and e-mail addresses are imported correctly)

Have to enter all contacts into my gmail account's contacts manually I guess :(

btw. I hate outlook com now!

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. Yes, it's set on 'All Contacts' in 'Contacts to display'

It seems that Android can not import the phone numbers etc (Names and e-mail addresses are imported correctly)

Have to enter all contacts into my gmail account's contacts manually I guess :(

btw. I hate outlook com now!

Is there a way to export the contacts so you can import them into your Google Contacts on a PC? I did something similar before doing icloud contacts to Google for someone.

Allen Brandt

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Try creating a new account under settings /accounts: Microsoft Exchange (you might need to create a one time password for this), then check the options to allow contacts to sync. It works perfectly (I also sync the calendar this way)

Posted via the Android Central App

zlx

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your replies! I did add my live.com account as 'outlook account', synced everything and cleaned up duplicate contacts. Now I'm 95% happy with my new samsung :) thanks again for your replies, I really appreciate it!