I did alot of research before purchasing this phone. On two things mostly (battery & ram managment). Both seemed to pass the test with flying colours from what i saw on youtube and read on multiple sites.

For me it is a fail. If there are around 7-8 apps. And if i cycle between the apps. Like from whatsapp to imgur or to youtube or to the playstore then these apps reload. Why? The apps don't always reload but atleast 70% of the times they do.

Is this still not fixed? I see no leak in the task manager. I have powered down and reset my phones many times(not factory reset). I have also used the smart manager. Phone is also up to date and still no fix.

Is this happening to anyone else?
    06-27-2016 02:58 AM
    Which model do you have... Global, Exynos octa core, or U.S., Snapdragon, quad core?

The 2 models handle apps and RAM very differently. See approx 2' 35" into this video...

06-27-2016 04:03 AM
    I got the beast Exynos. Like i said i have this video and my purchase was based of such videos

But it doesn't function the way it is supposed to.
    06-27-2016 04:49 AM
    I got the beast Exynos. Like i said i have this video and my purchase was based of such videos

But it doesn't function the way it is supposed to.
    Are you using any of the well known memory hogs, such as, Facebook, Instagram, Spotify, Snapchat, etc: See, Battery, memory, data hogs... top 10
    06-27-2016 05:12 AM
    Please don't take this the wrong way. I am genuinely curious. I am trying to find a situation where I need to cycle between 7 apps and need them to all be active at the same time.

I have seen this complaint before and I never ask the question because I don't want to sound like I'm being sarcastic or something. I just don't understand. I swap between two apps a lot and sometimes three but that's the most. Thanks.
    trinichindian likes this.
    06-27-2016 06:53 AM
    Please don't take this the wrong way. I am genuinely curious. I am trying to find a situation where I need to cycle between 7 apps and need them to all be active at the same time.

I have seen this complaint before and I never ask the question because I don't want to sound like I'm being sarcastic or something. I just don't understand. I swap between two apps a lot and sometimes three but that's the most. Thanks.
    i'm not saying i cycle between all the 7 apps. but over the course of the day i end up opening over 7-8 apps or maybe more. then when i go to switch between whatsapp and facebook or facebook and playstore then the app reloads. Apps that general reload for me are youtube, playstore, facebook and 1 or 2 others.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    06-28-2016 11:25 AM
    i'm not saying i cycle between all the 7 apps. but over the course of the day i end up opening over 7-8 apps or maybe more. then when i go to switch between whatsapp and facebook or facebook and playstore then the app reloads. Apps that general reload for me are youtube, playstore, facebook and 1 or 2 others.
    I see. I guess I do the same thing. I guess either I never really noticed or it hasn't been a factor for me. I'll have to pay attention today and see what reloads and what doesn't.
    06-28-2016 11:29 AM
    Ok sir. Let me know. Also that video whoever shared above is for which one performs faster and not really helping my case.
    06-29-2016 11:51 AM
    Ok sir. Let me know. Also that video whoever shared above is for which one performs faster and not really helping my case.
    The video and dialogue clearly show that the Exynos octa core model keeps more apps/games open in the background than the Snapdragon quad core model, which could have been a factor in RAM management.
    06-29-2016 03:15 PM
    I have the European version of the phone and I can have up to 20 apps open which doesn't affect performance at all. I switch between them and they load instantly. It's all down to laziness so I have my phone restart automatically once a week to cure my laziness.....

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.
    06-30-2016 09:25 AM
    The video and dialogue clearly show that the Exynos octa core model keeps more apps/games open in the background than the Snapdragon quad core model, which could have been a factor in RAM management.
    When was that video done?

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-30-2016 09:38 AM