Anyone upgrade from a note 5?

Savatage79

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm switching to Verizon as their buyout promotion might end after tomorrow. So waiting til the next note iteration isnt lookin like an option. The s7 edge looks incredible tho, but I do love the screen size of the note 5.

Anyone decide to bump to s7 edge instead of waiting for the next note and is very happy they did?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the S7 Edge and had the Note 5. It sorta happened by accident. Circumstances just worked out that I got a good deal on the Edge. Anyway, I am very happy with it.

I've been a Note user since the Note 2. I love the line and really liked the Note 5. The Note 5 and the S7 Edge run very similar for me. The biggest difference is not having the Spen. I do miss that at times. Gaining the SD card is huge though. The edge display is beautiful and I actually use the edge more than I thought I would. If I do get the next Note, I will wait and get it used or after a price drop. I'm good with the Edge for now.

Let me know if I can answer any specific questions for you.

Good luck.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm switching to Verizon as their buyout promotion might end after tomorrow. So waiting til the next note iteration isnt lookin like an option. The s7 edge looks incredible tho, but I do love the screen size of the note 5.

Anyone decide to bump to s7 edge instead of waiting for the next note and is very happy they did?

I switched. I loved my note 5. But my power button sunk into the phone.

I don't buy carrier insurance because I'm not giving att $10+ a month so they can give me a used/damaged phone if something happens.

Called Samsung and their solution was for me to be without a phone for a week or two while it's repaired. So I just bought an edge.

The edge is great. I do miss the spen though. That was really handy for lists and quick memos. Was also great for making bomb snapchat doodles. But I haven't regretted buying the s7 at all. The one thing I wish they would bring back is the removable battery but I know I'm in the minority.

Posted via the Android Central App

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I just switched about a week ago, found a straight trade on Craigslist for an s7 edge for my note 5. I do miss the s pen at times, but I think I use the edge features more than the pen. I also love the waterproof feature...not that I'm submerging it all the time. But I'm going to love taking it on our kayaking adventures and being able to take it out of my waterproof box without being too worried.

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Sold my Note 5 when I got my iPhone 6s Plus. Tried about 5 different Android phones but they're nothing like a Samsung.

I ended up trading a brand new Nexus 6p for a Galaxy S7 Edge. I feel right at home on the S7E, like I never left. Battery is a lot better than my Note 5, still not great but very good.

The way I see it is that I basically traded the S-pen for better battery life. Everything else is tied for me.

I will 100% be getting one of the new Notes when they launch. I'm just a Note guy lol.

AndroidVic

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
If you like using a pen for just poking around (selecting menus, typing without using your fingers, etc) then you can use a capacatance pen (the ones with the soft tip that you can get just about anywhere).

If you used S-Note for writing or drawing then the basic Note App that comes with the phone does allow you to create free hand memos and drawings however its probably not a full functional as SNote...but I'm sure someone has a more involved App to match it.

But of course you wont have the handy pen storage slot however some cases have holders for the pens.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae