Samsung officially offers the S7 unlocked with full support for ALL major USA carriers

ASD Dad

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
This is pretty awesome! I am going to return my Verizon S7 and wait for the unlocked version to come out. Nobody seems to know when that will happen though... Samsung rep at BB said check back in a couple weeks. Amazon was clueless and even Samsung direct is clueless when I called them! They were supposedly available direct from that press release but nobody there knows a thing about it. Not encouraging.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Excellent! A move in the right direction for U.S. users. Unlocked and no carrier bloatware as well as being updated more frequently by Samsung, directly.

Galaxy S7 = US$669.99
Galaxy S7 Edge = US$769.99

Welcome to the rest of the world! :)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Huge!

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been waiting for this. I think I'm going to have to pick one up finally. I got my wife the AT&T model of the edge and I love the phone, but hate the AT&T garbage on it. This would be perfect for me. Hopefully this means they'll have an unlocked Note 7, too.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Excellent! A move in the right direction for U.S. users. Unlocked and no carrier bloatware as well as being updated more frequently by Samsung, directly.

Galaxy S7 = US$669.99

But will it have all VZW bands? How about advanced calling? Where does one purchase it? Best Buy sold another unlocked phone that didn't even get VZW LTE

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
This is great. Wonder how updates will come (most likely faster) and nice to see a version that works on verizon. May finally pick one up.

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
This is pretty awesome! I am going to return my Verizon S7 and wait for the unlocked version to come out. Nobody seems to know when that will happen though... Samsung rep at BB said check back in a couple weeks. Amazon was clueless and even Samsung direct is clueless when I called them! They were supposedly available direct from that press release but nobody there knows a thing about it. Not encouraging.

Ask around at Best Buy. Two people I asked said they didn't have it. First Samsung Rep, then he walked to mobile area and I was told they didn't have it. I showed him the website said it was in stock. He asked one other person and he went and grabbed me one. Setting it up tomorrow.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Galaxy S7 = US$669.99

I wish they would have released this much earlier. I already have 2 T-Mobile S7 Edge so it really makes no sense to buy an unlocked version now.

I'm also waiting to see what happens with the Note 7. That will be my next purchase unless it can't be rooted like the T-Mobile S7 Edge.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Firmware downloads for most of the major U.S. carriers are being released for the U.S. models of the Galaxy S7, G930U, and the Galaxy S7 Edge, G935U. So far the Galaxy S7 Edge firmware is showing, here.

This is now looking more like the Canadian, regional model setup, whereby the Canadians have a model/firmware for their country and it is then sub-divided into carrier firmwares. So, the G930W8, S7, and the G935W8, S7 Edge, which in turn are given carrier firmwares.

I cannot see a reason at the moment, why existing U.S. Snapdragon, carrier branded models could not be flashed with these firmwares other than for the fact that they have locked down bootloaders which will probably prevent this.