Samsung officially offers the S7 unlocked with full support for ALL major USA carriers

joe1blue

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No only Nexus phones work with project Fi.
Actually I think this phone will work with project Fi, because the moto x pure works with it and I knew a person that has project Fi that witch to a GSM only phone and the service worked but he was only able to use T-Mobile's service inserted of the issuing all of the available networks. This phone is GSM and CDMA so I'm confident that project Fi will work with this phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Actually I think this phone will work with project Fi, because the moto x pure works with it and I knew a person that has project Fi that witch to a GSM only phone and the service worked but he was only able to use T-Mobile's service inserted of the issuing all of the available networks. This phone is GSM and CDMA so I'm confident that project Fi will work with this phone.

Will it work? Yes .. it will connect up to the network. Will it function exactly the way it should like a Nexus device and automatically hop on "known" wifi networks and setup an automatic VPN? No.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
What carrier are you using it on?
Does it support VOLTE?
Does it support HD voice?
Have you noticed any issues with it?
Warranty?

T-Mobile

VoLTE works, isn't that the same as HD voice?

I don't have any issues. Battery seems to be not all that great but I'm comparing it to an Edge that I had awhile back so it's obviously smaller. It gets me through a day.

It has a warranty.

It was nice to not see any T-Mobile apps preinstalled and even asked me during setup if I want certain Samsung apps installed.

joe1blue

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile

VoLTE works, isn't that the same as HD voice?

I don't have any issues. Battery seems to be not all that great but I'm comparing it to an Edge that I had awhile back so it's obviously smaller. It gets me through a day.

It has a warranty.

It was nice to not see any T-Mobile apps preinstalled and even asked me during setup if I want certain Samsung apps installed.
Does it have the video dialer in the phone app? 1467839673187.jpg

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I ended up returning my purchase to BestBuy because I got some Amazon gift cards in significant amounts. I remembered the presser stated Amazon would sell it. Guess I should have done my research because it looks like Amazon isn't selling this yet. Who knows if/when they will?

:(

SE-Chris

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately, those of us who have their Mobile plans covered by employer will likely have to stick to locked phones. Unless anyone knows of a way to get an unlocked phone wrapped into their monthly bill at a monthly cost similar to a locked phone on contract?

joe1blue

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, those of us who have their Mobile plans covered by employer will likely have to stick to locked phones. Unless anyone knows of a way to get an unlocked phone wrapped into their monthly bill at a monthly cost similar to a locked phone on contract?
I think of you get a Best Buy credit card you can do the monthly payment if that's what your talking about?

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Are you currently using Project Fi? I am very eager to try it, but will not be using a nexus device so I won't try it until it fully supports the samsung line.

joe1blue

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Are you currently using Project Fi? I am very eager to try it, but will not be using a nexus device so I won't try it until it fully supports the samsung line.
I'm personally don't, my friend has Project fi and he has the moto x pure phone and it works great, the moto x pure is just like the new unlocked Samsung in that it supports all carrier bands GSM and CDMA so it might be worth a try. And it wouldn't surprise me if it worked, if you do can you update.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm personally don't, my friend has Project fi and he has the moto x pure phone and it works great, the moto x pure is just like the new unlocked Samsung in that it supports all carrier bands GSM and CDMA so it might be worth a try. And it wouldn't surprise me if it worked, if you do can you update.
I won't be going to project fi until my s7 edge works with it, not going to buy another phone just yet. Wonder if the oneplus 3 would work since it's unlocked

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I get 24% off my monthly bill from at&t because of a discount I get from my job. I'm using a Nexus 6P I bought from the Google play store. No Contract with ATT.

I got in with the special where you pay for 15gb and get 30 plus rollover.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Nope.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
On Verizon, I see that WiFi calling does not seem to work, can anyone confirm if Verizon Visual Voicemail is working?

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Maybe we need a breakdown per carrier:

Verizon
  • Visual Voicemail
  • VoLTE
  • WiFi Calling

AT&T
  • Visual Voicemail
  • VoLTE
  • WiFi Calling

T-Mobile
  • Visual Voicemail
  • Band 12 LTE
  • VoLTE
  • WiFi Calling

Sprint
  • LOL

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I have an unlocked version of the S7 edge and after researching why my messaging of pictures did not work as they should (not receiving pictures with emails from friends and unable to send pictures) I discovered the following. For example I am using non-AT&T device with AT&T and found you must set up your APN settings by going to mobile networks and adding your settings for that carrier. Your carrier if you search provides the settings for their devices. The mobile carrier is left at "automatic" intentionally since it is unlocked. Once I added my info for AT&T pictures with emails were received. If you are aware of this I apologize for bringing this up but after researching I found quite a few people did not know this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance