07-11-2016 11:26 AM
52 123
tools
    Barely noticed the Note. Will probably trade for the Moto Z and then the Nexus.
    07-01-2016 04:18 PM
    Originally wanted to purchase the Galaxy S7 edge when my LG G4 started crapping the bricks in a similar manner to my first G4, which died to the bootloop issue earlier.

However, when I heard of a Note 7 (thought to be the Note 6 at the time), I decided to wait for it and switched back to my HTC One M7 during the wait. Sure, I could buy an S7e right now and live happy as the Note will likely have minor changes compared to the S7e that don't really impact the experience, but I'm planning to use this one for 3 years or more, so I want the very best I can get this year. Also, that S Pen.
    My g2 was a hot mess. I miss the keyboard though compared to the s7edge.
    07-01-2016 04:36 PM
    I am still happy with my 7 edge and will be sticking with it for a while. My little sister wants the note 7 though so I'll be getting it for her

Posted via the Android Central App
    davisgq likes this.
    07-01-2016 05:22 PM
    Now that AT&T has introduced the S7 active I would be proud to own an S7... the new Samsung phones are so easy to break I wouldn't feel comfortable spending that much money for the S7 but now that they have the active I would be willing to pay top dollar if I had it
    07-01-2016 05:32 PM
    I'll be passing on the note. The S7E is the best phone i have ever used. The size is perfect, battery is great and performance is stellar. I never used the S pen when i had previous notes anyway.

optimummind likes this.
    07-01-2016 06:55 PM
    I came from a iPhone 6s Plus to a S7 Edge. I'm very happy with the device and have no regrets selling my Note 5 to a Co worker. Once the novelty wore off, I never used the S-pen. The way I see it.....is I traded the S-pen for better battery life? I'm happy.

I sometimes take my sim out of my S7 to go back into the iPhone, but I can't bring myself to switch back lol.

Who am I kidding, I'll probably get the Note once it launches.
    07-01-2016 07:42 PM
    If the Note 7 retains the microSD card slot and the IP68 rating as the S7 edge, I'll be ditching my edge for the Note 7.
    07-01-2016 08:25 PM
    I just switched from the iPhone 6s to the s7 edge, I'm very happy with it. The Note will be larger and be too big for me. The 5.5" on the edge is a compact 5.5" that doesn't feel like it's as big as it is. I love it!
    07-01-2016 08:37 PM
    I think the edge has the perfect size. The note will be bigger no doubt.

07-01-2016 08:40 PM
    That's individual preference, for me yes. There isn't much difference other than no carrier bloat. If that doesn't bother you stay with T-Mobile version. Also unlocked version theoretically should get Android N or OS updates faster than carrier version. But depends on Samsung and we don't know if that will be the case.
    I ended up picking up an unlocked S7 edge from Best Buy last night. Maybe it's just me, but this phone feels snappier than the T-Mobile version.

bhatech likes this.
    07-02-2016 12:25 AM
    To be honest.. I miss the S-Pen from when I had the notes. I am really debating on getting a Note in exchange for my S7 Edge.
    07-02-2016 01:18 AM
    Did I miss an official Samsung announcement?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    07-02-2016 12:07 PM
    I don't feel like I'm missing anybody.

When I had my Note 4 I honestly looked for reasons to use the s-pen after the novelty of that type of hardware wore off.

Only thing that seems to be different with the upcoming Note is a slightly bigger screen, the s-pen, iris scanner, and a little bit more ram. It will probably run just like the S7 in reality with another party trick or two.

I'll hold on to my S7 Edge at least a year maybe two.

missmawarlina likes this.
    07-02-2016 06:46 PM
    I think the edge has the perfect size. The note will be bigger no doubt.

I agree. I just wish the s7 were the same size. I'm too clumsy of the curved edges. Hit them by accident all the time. I kind of wish the Note had a flat version the size of the s7e.
    07-02-2016 07:31 PM
    No. I never regret my purchases because like my previous phones I have no problems selling and upgrading.

It doesn't matter if I love it which I do but after 36 days I'm ready to upgrade already. LOL

The DUAL SIM card for my attention. So I'm selling my S7 edge and getting the OnePlus 3.
    07-02-2016 10:37 PM
    I was considering getting one until I heard 3600mah. I think I'm going to get a Moto Z instead. I'll keep my S7e and switch back and forth between that and then I'll sell my S6e
    07-03-2016 08:15 PM
    Announcement of the Note 7 with the dual edge doesn't do anything for me. I have a 910C Note 4 & it's too big for me for one-handed use. Same for the slightly smaller Note 5 which I tried. I think the 5.5" GS7E is the perfect size.
    recDNA likes this.
    07-03-2016 09:22 PM
    Yeah they have least bloat ware and no ugly carrier logo but still a carrier version. Personally it's still T-Mobile apps, you can't uninstall (only disable), they have certain Samsung features turned off like ability to have all apps on home screen (personally won't do but opposed to carrier's deciding what features should exist on phone). Also T-Mobile recently is very slow in OS updates.

Bottom line for me personally I don't like carrier devices and believe they should just be dumb pipes concentrating on network rather than messing with device hardware and software. I'm looking at the Apple model and commend them for treating the carrier's like the way they should be.
    I never did understand this hatred people have for so-called bloatware on the Galaxy devices. I simply create a single folder in my drawer entitled hidden. I then move all of the bloatware apps to that one folder and I never see them again.

07-04-2016 07:01 AM
    I never did understand this hatred people have for so-called bloatware on the Galaxy devices. I simply create a single folder in my drawer entitled hidden. I then move all of the bloatware apps to that one folder and I never see them again.

It's good that we have options now. Depends on how you define bloat. Some like me don't like carrier bloat and don't mind Samsung, Google. Some don't like any so it's different for everyone and it's perfectly understandable.
    07-04-2016 09:15 AM
    I saw that, but can someone tell me is there an advantage to getting the u.s. unlocked version rather than spending $200 less to order the international unlocked version from Amazon?

Yeah samsung pay and most likely warranty. I've heard differing reports on whether or not samsung honors warranty in the US on international models. Look at the reviews on amazon. I never had any issues with my s7 duos but who knows.

07-04-2016 03:45 PM
    Yeah samsung pay and most likely warranty. I've heard differing reports on whether or not samsung honors warranty in the US on international models. Look at the reviews on amazon. I never had any issues with my s7 duos but who knows.

There are other things that are different. For example, if you're on T-Mobile, and rely on either voice over LTE (which gives them huge coverage with their new LTE Band 12), or Voice over WiFi, you won't get those with the International versions. There's no way to get these things to work. The unlocked models from Best Buy support both

07-04-2016 04:53 PM
    I recently tried a Note 5 again because it had so much better sound with the Wolfson DAC than the S7 Edge. I found it too big despite coming from a larger Nexus 6P. I guess I've gotten used to the size of the Edge, and it's screen/size ratio is perfect. So I'm not going for the Note 7.

07-04-2016 04:56 PM
    Nope. I'm going from the S7 Edge to my first iPhone since the iPhone 5.

07-04-2016 06:06 PM
    If the Note 7 retains the microSD card slot and the IP68 rating as the S7 edge, I'll be ditching my edge for the Note 7.
    I'll be going with Retinella. I want a bigger screen with the same awesome experience.

Though, I'm watching other releases as well. Have my thumb in the Moto Z and Nexus releases as well.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    07-04-2016 07:15 PM
    I love my S7 Edge except for one thing, the physical home button. I have had the screen buttons for so long I did not realize how big a step backward the physical button would be. The rest of the Samsung universe is just learning. But that damn button ... I should state that I like to use a stylus when home and having to use my finger to press that button disrupts the flow.
    I felt the same way bout home button after coming from swipe gestures on htc. "Gravity screen" works well using proximity sensors. Unlocked s7 edge is brilliant.
    07-04-2016 07:18 PM
52 123