How do S7 Edge owners feel about the Note 7 announcement?

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I was considering getting one until I heard 3600mah. I think I'm going to get a Moto Z instead. I'll keep my S7e and switch back and forth between that and then I'll sell my S6e

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Announcement of the Note 7 with the dual edge doesn't do anything for me. I have a 910C Note 4 & it's too big for me for one-handed use. Same for the slightly smaller Note 5 which I tried. I think the 5.5" GS7E is the perfect size.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do you all feel now?

Yeah they have least bloat ware and no ugly carrier logo but still a carrier version. Personally it's still T-Mobile apps, you can't uninstall (only disable), they have certain Samsung features turned off like ability to have all apps on home screen (personally won't do but opposed to carrier's deciding what features should exist on phone). Also T-Mobile recently is very slow in OS updates.

Bottom line for me personally I don't like carrier devices and believe they should just be dumb pipes concentrating on network rather than messing with device hardware and software. I'm looking at the Apple model and commend them for treating the carrier's like the way they should be.

I never did understand this hatred people have for so-called bloatware on the Galaxy devices. I simply create a single folder in my drawer entitled hidden. I then move all of the bloatware apps to that one folder and I never see them again.

Posted via the Android Central App

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I never did understand this hatred people have for so-called bloatware on the Galaxy devices. I simply create a single folder in my drawer entitled hidden. I then move all of the bloatware apps to that one folder and I never see them again.

It's good that we have options now. Depends on how you define bloat. Some like me don't like carrier bloat and don't mind Samsung, Google. Some don't like any so it's different for everyone and it's perfectly understandable.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

I saw that, but can someone tell me is there an advantage to getting the u.s. unlocked version rather than spending $200 less to order the international unlocked version from Amazon?

Yeah samsung pay and most likely warranty. I've heard differing reports on whether or not samsung honors warranty in the US on international models. Look at the reviews on amazon. I never had any issues with my s7 duos but who knows.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

Yeah samsung pay and most likely warranty. I've heard differing reports on whether or not samsung honors warranty in the US on international models. Look at the reviews on amazon. I never had any issues with my s7 duos but who knows.

There are other things that are different. For example, if you're on T-Mobile, and rely on either voice over LTE (which gives them huge coverage with their new LTE Band 12), or Voice over WiFi, you won't get those with the International versions. There's no way to get these things to work. The unlocked models from Best Buy support both

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I recently tried a Note 5 again because it had so much better sound with the Wolfson DAC than the S7 Edge. I found it too big despite coming from a larger Nexus 6P. I guess I've gotten used to the size of the Edge, and it's screen/size ratio is perfect. So I'm not going for the Note 7.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
If the Note 7 retains the microSD card slot and the IP68 rating as the S7 edge, I'll be ditching my edge for the Note 7.

I'll be going with Retinella. I want a bigger screen with the same awesome experience.

Though, I'm watching other releases as well. Have my thumb in the Moto Z and Nexus releases as well.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site

I love my S7 Edge except for one thing, the physical home button. I have had the screen buttons for so long I did not realize how big a step backward the physical button would be. The rest of the Samsung universe is just learning. But that damn button ... I should state that I like to use a stylus when home and having to use my finger to press that button disrupts the flow.
I felt the same way bout home button after coming from swipe gestures on htc. "Gravity screen" works well using proximity sensors. Unlocked s7 edge is brilliant.

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site

Just picked up my unlocked version today from best buy. Had used the t-mobile version at launch but hate carrier devices and had returned. Now that unlocked model is available happy to be back on the edge :)

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160701/fb2d16a2220b82cddf8ae2bb58123e7f.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160701/7c84798b8c49ed65f0e9c2f4fbf47912.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160701/5d89e161733dc6a8495e03fed8cfcd0b.jpg
Only problem is tmobile extended range lte... unlocked phones can't be used on it so you only get 2g in those areas which where I live is a major issue

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I had the note 5. It went for dip in the water. Had to get a new phone. Got the s7e. Really wanted to wait for the note 7 but needed a phone now.
This will have to do. As the wife doesn't allow phone purchases as frequent as I'd like.
So far I really like the s7e. I will have to ignore all Android media for awhile once the the note 7 gets announced and released.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers