Samsungs Wireless Charging Question

KBx315x

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I decided to purchase a Samsung wireless "fast charger" so far this thing is not so fast. I'm not using the charger that came with my phone but the block piece is a 2.1 Amp charger. Any suggestions? It looks like from 15% to 100% its going to take a little over 3 hours. Is this normal? Thanks!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
That doesn't sound normal. I don't have a wireless charger for my s7 edge but when I used one with my Note 5 it charged from about 20% to 100% in about an hour or maybe a little longer. I used the Samsung wall plug with the wireless charger though.

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Make sure you have the fast charge turned on in settings. Go to Apps then settings, down to accessories make sure the fast charge is turned on. Hope this helps.

Posted with my S7 edge via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Does the phone read "Fast Charging Wirelessly" when on the pad? It should if it is charging fast via wireless.

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Didn't your wireless charger come with the Samsung Adaptive Fast Charging plug and USB cable (same ones that the phone came with)? Mine did. You can buy an extra on Amazon (as well as Samsung Adaptive Fast Charging car chargers), if need be.

Even though Samsung says they haven't heard about it (people obviously aren't reporting it to them), there is a problem with some phones (including mine) not having the wireless charging feature work correctly. It takes over four hours for mine to fast wireless charge from about 5%. Unfortunately, the fix is to send your phone to Samsung for repair, which means they will factory reset it. That's not something I am willing to go through, so I will live with the slow wireless charging. Wired charging works normally, so if I need to charge fast, I will just do that.

Do try using the correct charger first, though!

AndroidVic

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
So...where did you buy it from? Right now, there are TONS of fakes on EBay that say fast charge but arent. EBay is a mecca for knock-offs from China.

And......did it come with its own power supply? Many do not. If you do not use the right power supply it won't fast charge. When it comes to supplies...there is fast charge and really fast charge. Look at the power supply. Does it say 5v 1amp and 5 v 2 amp? If it does, its not the Adaptive Fast Charger. It needs to say 5v 2amp and 9v 1.x amp. If it does not put out the 9v, you will not get the really fast charge.

And finally..on the S7 for example, you need to turn on Fast Wireless Charging. (Settings/System/Accessories). If you do not turn it on..it will fast charge wired but not wirelessly.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Didn't your wireless charger come with the Samsung Adaptive Fast Charging plug and USB cable (same ones that the phone came with)? Mine did. You can buy an extra on Amazon (as well as Samsung Adaptive Fast Charging car chargers), if need be.

Even though Samsung says they haven't heard about it (people obviously aren't reporting it to them), there is a problem with some phones (including mine) not having the wireless charging feature work correctly. It takes over four hours for mine to fast wireless charge from about 5%. Unfortunately, the fix is to send your phone to Samsung for repair, which means they will factory reset it. That's not something I am willing to go through, so I will live with the slow wireless charging. Wired charging works normally, so if I need to charge fast, I will just do that.

Do try using the correct charger first, though!

My phone is great, and fast wired charging works perfectly. However, fast wireless charging does not work for me either (using the Samsung fast charge stand).
I do not want to replace the phone as everything else is perfect, so I also just use a wired fast charger.

csleverette

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Cases can effect the fast wireless charging. If you have a case take it off and see if that makes a difference for you. We tested 3 different cases and that's what it turned out to be. Good luck.

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
My phone is great, and fast wired charging works perfectly. However, fast wireless charging does not work for me either (using the Samsung fast charge stand).
I do not want to replace the phone as everything else is perfect, so I also just use a wired fast charger.

Sorry to hear you have the same problem! I originally thought it was a problem with the wireless charging stand, so exchanged it for a new one (Amazon), but had the same results. It works with a family member's Note 5 just fine, so that's what really confirmed it was my phone that was the problem. Like you, everything else works, so I will just deal with the wireless charging problem. I almost always charge it overnight anyway, so not a huge deal.

Bruins11

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I am having this issue as well. Sent Sammy and email but haven't heard anything back. When i want it to charge fast I just use the cable and unplug it from the base. Kinda defeats the purpose.

Posted via the Android Central App

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Before anyone else responds several people have stated you need to turn on fast wireless charging in setting. Check that before anything else. Post a screen shot please.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Those with the issue ensure you don't have a very thick case. Also as said above ensure fast wireless charging is turned on within the options.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I tried without a case.
I definitely have fast wireless charging turned on.
It also says fast wireless charging when put on the stand (and this is my second stand as I returned the original one because I was getting the same results).
I just tried to use the wireless stand again. My battery was at 76% and when put on the stand it said that it would be full in about 38 minutes. But after 30 minutes it was only at 82% and then said it would be full in 27 minutes. After another 30 minutes it was at 90%, and then went to 98% in another 30 minutes. So it took 90 minutes to go 22%. If I used the same wire plugged directly into the phone I can charge my phone from 30% to full in around an hour!

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Before anyone else responds several people have stated you need to turn on fast wireless charging in setting. Check that before anything else. Post a screen shot please.

It should default to being on the first time you use it. It is quite obvious when it is on because it tells you it is fast charging wirelessly when you place it on the wireless charger.

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Those with the issue ensure you don't have a very thick case. Also as said above ensure fast wireless charging is turned on within the options.

Wireless charging does work with many cases, but most people have tried it with and without cases and with the phone turned off - all sorts of scenarios. Saying the option needs to be turned on a thousand times per thread about this issue doesn't need to happen.

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Those who are having the wireless charging problem, what carrier do you have and when did you buy your phone? I have Sprint and bought it online in April (it was backordered for a few days). Black S7 Edge. I am just wondering if we all got our phones from the same lot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm