Hello,

I now have a new SanDisk Extreme PLUS 64GB microSDXC UHS-I/U3 Card and after copying my SD Card backup files from my PC to the new SD Card the Gallery only shows what is in DCIM folder on the phone side not the SD Card.
    I bought my S7 Edge 2 weeks ago and I installed an old 32GB SD Card from an older phone. That older card had photos on it and the S7 recognized it in the Gallery.
    With the new card I can see the pictures with the "My Files" app, and X-Plore but not Gallery. I thought rebooting would help but still no external SD card pictures in Gallery. There is a notification "SD card tap here to transfer media files" but I click on it and it opens "My Files" app and I can browse to the SD Card DCIM folder but I don't know what it wants me to do. I expected to see a select media folder button or something like that but there's nothing just the files listed in the file app.
    I took a picture and the photo is indeed on the external card where all the old photos are already in "/storage/1530-B6E4/DCIM/Camera" and I see that photo in gallery, but only that photo!
    Has anyone experienced this? Thanks.
    07-01-2016 09:59 AM
    Found the problem. The files were locked when I copied them over. I had to run "ATTRIB -R /S" (Win 7) from the root of the SD Card.
    07-01-2016 05:08 PM