S7 Edge Water Damage 3 Days After Exposure

A

AC Question

Hey all, as someone who excitedly finally got to upgrade their S5 to an S7 with the biggest sell being the comeback of water resistance, it frustrates me to say that after one incident of accidental exposure my phones charging port refuses to function properly.

So a few days prior, I was sitting just outside my pools hot tub hot tub (mind you, it hadnt quite heated up yet, was sitting around 70 or less when I dipped my feet in) taking pictures of my dog and family members as well as sending out a few text messages.

Shortly afterward my younger brother had crept up behind me in an attempt to push me into the water. His attempt failed but I lost grip of my phone and it fell into the water. Dont think it was under too long as I rushed to grab it out, but the speaker suffered from distorted sound quality (which resolved itself eventually, and after doing a quick search of what to do in this situation, I dried the phone the best I could and kept from formerly charging it opting to wireless charge it instead.

Now here we are 3 days later and I'm STILL getting the message on my phone that there is water in the port, i've tried putting a blow dryer (on cool air) to it to no avail. Is there anything that can be done, honestly feel lied to given the way Samsung advertised the water resistance' effectiveness in situations like this.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
All I can suggest is try the old faithful bag of rice trick to pull any moisture out. Never use an hairdryer on the phone, all your going to do is try push any moisture further in.

Also hot/warm water has a lot lower surface tension than cold water. The IP rating is for cold water.

GEMa1n

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site
All I can suggest is try the old faithful bag of rice trick to pull any moisture out. Never use an hairdryer on the phone, all your going to do is try push any moisture further in.

Also hot/warm water has a lot lower surface tension than cold water. The IP rating is for cold water.

Topic poster here, do you think I should bother trying to rinse it in a bowl of slightly chilled water before I try the rice method?

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
What aha said, don't rinse it.

Always remember, its it been in Salt water(which is never recommended) or you spill a liquid which is likely to leave a residue if left eg tea/ coffee/ soft drinks etc. rinse with cold water as soon as possible, but do not expose the ports to the full pressure of the flow. Tap pressure can exceed the IP rating of the phone.

GEMa1n

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site
Alright, but I was saying to just fill a bowl with chilled water and dip it in for a second. Well off to put the phone in some rice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz