Problems if firmware is not updated

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi! I have read lots of comments that the new FW made the battery bad. I've also heard this from my brothers. So I opted not to update mine. Question is, willnI encounter any problems or slow down if I do not update the FW?

Appreciate your thoughts. Thank you!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Firmwares attempt to fix bugs or introduce new features. They also come with security patches that fix discovered vulnerabilities that hackers may take advantage of. Dependent on your internet habits, it may or may not have any effect in your case.

mitul_mehta

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Yea June update had a bad effect on the battery life. If you use Disabler Pro then you won't find much of a difference.
It does not affect phone's performance if u do not update to the latest firmware.

Waipio11

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Killed my battery life. Verizon has been pushing another one that I keep deferring. None know if this one will fix the battery issues?

jazz70

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Killed my battery life. Verizon has been pushing another one that I keep deferring. None know if this one will fix the battery issues?

strange I saw no difference in my battery life after the June 10th update, my battery life has been as good as when I first got my phone

what VZ update are you deferring? Last system update I see is the June 10 2016 update (G935VVRU2APE1) I got OTA from Verizon

Waipio11

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
It was the one prior to that. I deferred the one you referenced until just now so hopefully will see an improvement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007