Battery draining fast.. injustice edition

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
My concern is that at this point my battery is lasting alot less than my iPhone was. Ill wait a week and keep testing but i lost 13 percent not using it.
When I use it it's going down a percent every minute.

iPhone battery management is scary. One of the few places Apple is better. If an i-thing is asleep , it will last for days. Android, not so much. I just got a 6s. Love the battery. Miss all the rest ??????

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
So I did clear the cache.
Battery has stabilized a bit. It's much better than the first couple of days.
It will still act up once in a while.
Is there a reason the iPhone standby battery time is better? Not a complaint, just curious. My iPhone would maybe lose a percent when left at night. This one tends to use more of its battery in standby

Overnight, Doze should activate and it should lose about 1% per hour. That's approx 4 days on standby. How much can iphone do? I find it hard to believe it would only lose 1% over 8 hours. I would install GSAM and check the held awake screen to see if Doze is activating.

thegap77

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Ok. Ya because just browsing and email is causing it to overheat a bit. Not to mention battery is plunging.
I'm putting some stats from the apps I have.
I had it plugged to my USB in the car from 8:45 - 10:15 and it went down 2% or else I think I'd be below 50 already. I unplugged a little before 7am

6ae8ce8969b45b10554755db9b4e73b8.jpg

77572f63704ccad4380d1401402b74da.jpg

1c1ec0a46fa14bac2f818fd6cb204c1b.jpg

d50c9ea557521faa839ebe5641455760.jpg

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Is there a reason the iPhone standby battery time is better? Not a complaint, just curious. My iPhone would maybe lose a percent when left at night. This one tends to use more of its battery in standby
I believe it's to do with how iOS manages power when the device is asleep.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
So I did clear the cache.
Battery has stabilized a bit. It's much better than the first couple of days.
It will still act up once in a while.
You have to wait until Doze starts running. And you can set which apps go into Doze under Battery>App Power Saving. Doze typically shuts down less commonly used apps on sleeping, and it takes a couple of days before it kicks in on the S7. With internet connection off, I lose like 3% overnight. But I have several background apps set to be ignored by the app power saving anyway.

Doc Marten

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
My phone was the same. The battery would go from 100% to 75% every night while I slept in the first couple of weeks and I admit to thinking this is bad enough to warrant me sending it back for a refund. After that initial two weeks or so the phone stabilised and it's only dropped about 2% over night ever since.

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Can you tell me if Samsung Pay is loaded on the phone? I have AT&T as well, and almost picked one up a couple days ago, but the Samsung Pay thing might bother me if it doesn't work. Any chance of VoLTE on AT&T working?

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It does have SPay and also VoLTE seems to be working as well. Calls are nice and crisp. The worst thing for battery for me seems to be my Bluetooth headphones. They make up for about 15% of my battery per day in the first 3 days. I just did a cache partition wipe so I'll see if that helps out.

thegap77

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I have the Hong Kong version. The Lte works as 4g but it is not as stable as a regular Att phone. I've noticed the Internet speed or reception to sometimes be suspect. Searching for apn settings will be a hassle though

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the Hong Kong version. The Lte works as 4g but it is not as stable as a regular Att phone. I've noticed the Internet speed or reception to sometimes be suspect. Searching for apn settings will be a hassle though

Thanks. Have you used Samsung Pay on it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana