I was using Galaxy note 4. It was working well with my car audio (BMW 320i). Suddenly after some OS update it started dropping and resetting the connection very frequently. I tried all options like clearing the cache, reset to factory settings, BMW service center upgrading the entire car audio and Bluetooth software etc. None of these worked. Finally one Samsung service centre employee upgraded the OS with some patch and the problem was resolved. This was about 3 months back.
    Now I bought Samsung galaxy s7 edge. And the problem persists with the new device. Tried getting back to same Samsung service center.. the same guy said no such patch available till yet.
    I am frustrated. Reverted back to old device. Bluetooth tel calling in car is very important for me. Please help me to use S7 edge in car!
    07-03-2016 11:00 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! This is a relatively common issue that gets raised here. Just to be sure--are there any other Bluetooth devices in the car that might be competing for the connection?
    07-03-2016 05:05 PM
    I have the Bluetooth dropping issue and have found no fix

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-09-2016 12:07 AM
    Same issue with my S7edge and '14 Prius V. Phone connects to the car BT for about 30 seconds-1 minute or so then suddenly drops. My car says no bluetooth device is available even though my phone indicates it's connected to the car.

I took the car into the dealership and they actually replaced the whole radio head unit. Didn't solve the problem.

Took the phone to Verizon. Their tests were showing the Bluetooth was working properly even though I demonstrated what was going on and it clearly isn't. They couldn't (or wouldn't) process a warranty replacement and are sending me back to Toyota as they don't think it's the phone.

It's so frustrating because my wife's iPhone 6 BT works flawlessly in the vehicle and I never had issues with my prior phone, either (LG G3).
    07-09-2016 10:25 PM
    I took the car into the dealership and they actually replaced the whole radio head unit. Didn't solve the problem.

Why didn't you tried out your wife's iPhone on your car? You chose to have your interior hacked up instead?
    07-09-2016 10:43 PM
    I had a similar issue with phone calls, would bounce back and forth between the s7e and the radio. Tried every single thing. What finally worked was disabling everything in Smart Lock.

Lock screen & security->secure lock settings->smart lock
    07-11-2016 09:15 PM
    I had a similar issue with phone calls, would bounce back and forth between the s7e and the radio. Tried every single thing. What finally worked was disabling everything in Smart Lock.

Lock screen & security->secure lock settings->smart lock
    Thanks I'm going to give this a try.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-13-2016 09:43 AM
    Thanks for this. I made the changes. Tomorrow I'll know if it works right away.
    yeah, no difference. bumout city blues.
    08-30-2016 08:35 PM