I have had ok battery life on my edge for the last 3 months but in the last week I have had absolute horrible life. Checked with GSam and Google play was taking 40 percent overnight. Today I Uninstaller just to see and have had the best battery EVER! 61 PERCENT left and I have over 2 hours on screen time. I will have to reinstall eventually but is there a work around?
    07-03-2016 02:33 PM
    I have had ok battery life on my edge for the last 3 months but in the last week I have had absolute horrible life. Checked with GSam and Google play was taking 40 percent overnight. Today I Uninstaller just to see and have had the best battery EVER! 61 PERCENT left and I have over 2 hours on screen time. I will have to reinstall eventually but is there a work around?
    You should be getting longer than that. I average 6-8 hours SOT. Check and see what else you have running in the background.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-03-2016 02:39 PM
    My normal is 3 or so which is fine until I uninstalled Google play services I didn't realize how good of battery life I could get
    07-03-2016 02:49 PM
    I can't give up Google services. I let all my stuff sync.
    07-03-2016 04:02 PM
    My normal is 3 or so which is fine until I uninstalled Google play services I didn't realize how good of battery life I could get
    Uninstalling Google Play Services disables your ability to sync anything with Google and eliminates your ability to use the play store. Have fun with it uninstalled.

-Shawn
    Noting the world one S-Pen at a time
    Sam_Gs7, MoshuXXL and MC_A_DOT like this.
    07-03-2016 04:57 PM
    Totally agree, with the above commenters. Google PlayStorte is a necessary evil-Hehe!
    Users can't get rid of it 'cause is the one, who operates "Android-OS" simple as that.
    It can't be Disabled but as pointed out by some users, side effects comes up..

So that Why bother to disable it. Hate of course all the battery and Data resources
    it takes: As i.e. 28 updates were pushed by PlayStore on Jul-01-2016: Imagine
    and is better installed at once. If Not it appearing again. ByeGuys
    07-03-2016 05:17 PM
    Imagine if you kept it in airplane mode all the time. :P
    07-04-2016 02:28 PM
    Uninstalling Google Play Services disables your ability to sync anything with Google and eliminates your ability to use the play store. Have fun with it uninstalled.

-Shawn
    Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

Thats exactly ehat I thought.. dosent disabling Google Play Services render your android phone pretty much useless in terms of daily usage of apps... If your struggling with Play services, you cold switch to an iPhone or Windows phone
    bhatech and Sam_Gs7 like this.
    07-04-2016 05:05 PM
    Google Play Services is used for a lot of system functions nowadays. This is done through Play Services because Google can update Play Services with new functions and API's without pushing out a full system update.

Long story short, Play Services is essentially part of the system. It's doing it is supposed to do.
    07-04-2016 08:55 PM
    I presume it's because it's constantly syncing your data with your Google account.

You pretty much need Google Play Services because your Google apps and other features are essentially useless without it.

If you want to stretch your battery life, disable auto-sync.
    libra89 and NightOrchid like this.
    07-05-2016 03:22 AM
    This may not be exactly what you're experiencing, but it does appear that Google Services (likely one of its processes) gets hung up from time to time.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...wake-time.html
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    07-05-2016 06:18 AM
    I've experienced the same thing. Google Play Services is killing my battery in a few hours. I tried 'Force Stop" but that did no good so I uninstalled it and that fixed the problem for a day or so but then it re-installed itself. I'm cheap so I'll just keep uninstalling it every day or two but when I buy a new pnone it will be an iphone.
    07-05-2016 02:34 PM
    I used to have terrible problems with this service on my Nexus 4 until one day, totally fed up, I factory reset it and only installed a couple of apps I really used. Result was Google play services was no longer an issue. Either some apps bug it out or having too many apps means it has to do more work, I don't know.
    07-05-2016 08:35 PM