Holy Jeebus... The S7 Edge gets Great battery life...

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I recently switched over from the Galaxy Note 5. I love the Note series (had the Note 2 on up) & MAYBE I'll get the Note 7, depending on what it actually is. The fact is I'm out of school now, so I don't use the S-pen as much anymore. Plus, I'm really tired of not being able to find great cases for the Note series as I swap them out alot.
I decidex to get the S7 edge. I swapped everything over yesterday and took it to work last night. I still haven't actually logged into everything yet (and that could be why, but I did all my important stuff, i.e. Facebook, Google, Samsung, etc..) and so the the battery life is absolutely ridiculous on this thing!!!!! I did my usual stuff lazt night at work, and on the Note 5 I would have had to plug it in at some point during the night. This thing is going like a champ!
Now, once again, I havent started all the apps and logged jnto absolutely everything, and maybe this time I'll wait until I actually use some of the apps.....
Here's a screenshot:

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 8530.jpg
    8530.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 309

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Yeah - S7E does have great batt. life. As you say, it may drop off a bit when you sync. everything up, but I usually get 20-24 hrs with 4-5.5 hours of SOT, depending - the lower end is when I'm off Wifi all day. Even hammering it, I've never had to plug it in during the day, and that's usually off the charger at 7.30am and back on at 11pm. I don't think I've ever got into single figures.

thecomicbookandme

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
This thing is going like a champ!

Posted via the Android Central App
I agree completely! I switched over from an S5, and was concerned because the S5 had a replaceable battery. I use a sleep app that records sleep habits all night long, and the S5 could barely make it through the night. With the S7 edge I often have 60%-70% left in the AM. I chose this phone over the S7 specifically because of the larger battery size, and I'm glad I did. 😎

Yea! Heavy And A Bottle Of Bread

Last edited:

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I can't kill this battery in a day. The thing I find with this battery is that it starts to drain fast from 100% but is completely uniform down to 0%. My past phones dropped like a stone under 30%.

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Usually, I find the first few days are the biggest killers of a battery because you're playing with things and pretty much wearing the phone out. After that, it usually gets better and tapers off. If that happens with this phone, this thing might go for over a day...

Edit for spelling

Last edited:

jazz70

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I was away from android for a couple of years and just came back with the s7e and I am still impressed by the great battery life I get everyday even after having the phone for months now, the combination of marshmallow's power management with the 3600 mAh battery has delivered impressive battery life

Waipio11

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Mine started off strong but after 3 months and a couple of Verizon Ota updates it now sucks. Need to charge constantly throughout the day. Not happy.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1468092610435.pnguploadfromtaptalk1468092615849.png No complaints here. This is one of the major reasons i bought this device. "When" the battery life works this well its a beautiful day lol

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Beats my s6 hands down. I had to have a Mophie case on that thing and switch it over to the battery pack by mid-day.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Few? I thought most people that have it have great battery life.

Posted via my Black S7 Edge
Most people do and never say a word about it. The few that do get poor battery life complain on the forums. I'm sure there are those not getting good battery life. It can happen with any phone but most people get the expected battery life from their phone.

Last edited:

coolkenny13

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
don't know what PJWK81 is talking about .. but battery life is good here for everyone mostly. :))))

enjoy your lovely new shiney phone. there is an option where you can set your phone to restart once every week. I put mine to monday night @ 3am. That way your phone is refreshed, performs faster. I think the setting is in advanced option or under battery. If you still can't find it then post here again

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
don't know what PJWK81 is talking about .. but battery life is good here for everyone mostly. :))))

enjoy your lovely new shiney phone. there is an option where you can set your phone to restart once every week. I put mine to monday night @ 3am. That way your phone is refreshed, performs faster. I think the setting is in advanced option or under battery. If you still can't find it then post here again

I can guarantee most people have worse than when they initially purchased at launch. Whether it's still enough to be acceptable to most is another matter and subjective. Having to charge this phone at all during the day is unacceptable to me as I didn't have to on the first firmware.

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site

I tried looking for it & could not find it. I havr tge Verizon version if that makes any difference.

jazz70

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I tried looking for it & could not find it. I havr tge Verizon version if that makes any difference.

It looks like VZ removed the "auto restart" because it is no where to be found in settings>>backup and reset where it is supposed to be found or anywhere else in the settings

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I also came from the note 5. Mine didn't have good battery life but quick charge really made up for that inconvenience.

But this s7e is unbelievable. Never had a phone last long (maybe the ip6+) really pleased. And that screen though...is it better or is it placebo?

a216a024d0b62f7ced0a24a949cfddf4.jpg
0a7117d36c499f205cad6cd1dbf55551.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800