Hi Guys,
    I have a galaxy s7 edge which is almost two months old now.
    Recently I noticed that the home button especially the left side of it , when you click it , it doesn't register until it is pressed a little hard.
    This ain't the issue with the middle of the button or right side.

I purchased the phone from UAE on a vacation and hence it doesn't have any warranty in my country.

Is it normal or is this an issue?
    07-06-2016 12:18 PM
    If it's really noticeable I'd say it's an 'issue', but not one that would break your phone, I don't think. On mine it feels the same all throughout the button, but I do remember on the Note 5 one side felt a little 'harder', but other than that, the scanner and the button worked fine.
    07-06-2016 12:30 PM
    If it's really noticeable I'd say it's an 'issue', but not one that would break your phone, I don't think. On mine it feels the same all throughout the button, but I do remember on the Note 5 one side felt a little 'harder', but other than that, the scanner and the button worked fine.
    Could be which hand you're using it with, too. But yeah, it's not an issue if it works almost all the time!
    07-06-2016 12:31 PM
    Personally I'd be more concerned if the fingerprint reader on one side stops working or something. Mechanical button presses are bound to feel different at some point.
    07-06-2016 12:38 PM
    Hi Guys,
    Recently I noticed that the home button especially the left side of it , when you click it , it doesn't register until it is pressed a little hard.

I purchased the phone from UAE on a vacation and hence it doesn't have any warranty in my country.

I'd say it was an issue, since my wife's doesn't do this. Mine has this exact same behavior, and has since the day I bought it. I decided not to pursue it because the replacement phone would probably have something wrong with it that would p*ss me off more than this does.
    anon(9408097) likes this.
    07-06-2016 12:40 PM
    Personally I'd be more concerned if the fingerprint reader on one side stops working or something. Mechanical button presses are bound to feel different at some point.
    The finger print works absolutely fine.
    I got a screen guard yesterday where on the left side a little of the screen guard got stuck and I pressed it, wondering if that caused the issue or if it was always like that.

I'd say it was an issue, since my wife's doesn't do this. Mine has this exact same behavior, and has since the day I bought it. I decided not to pursue it because the replacement phone would probably have something wrong with it that would p*ss me off more than this does.
    If to get it repaired or replaced I will have to send it back to UAE so was wondering if it was normal or not?
    I am a right handed person and use the button with the right hand and never seem to have an issue.

Could be which hand you're using it with, too. But yeah, it's not an issue if it works almost all the time!
    Everything works fine but the left side doesn't feel as clicky as the right and won't click unless pressed hard
    07-06-2016 01:30 PM
    Everything works fine but the left side doesn't feel as clicky as the right and won't click unless pressed hard
    I'd just enjoy the phone and avoid forcing things!
    07-06-2016 03:10 PM
    I'd just enjoy the phone and avoid forcing things!
    Yeah but I am just wondering if it happened because of the screen protector or not.
    It is really really annoying :/
    07-07-2016 12:21 PM
    Yeah but I am just wondering if it happened because of the screen protector or not.
    It is really really annoying :/
    Is the screen protector touching the button? Or is it underneath? I didn't know you had a screen protector.
    07-07-2016 02:09 PM
    Hi Guys,

I have the same problem on a brand new US unlocked version that I just bought from Best Buy. It's going back to the store tomorrow. It's definitely not normal.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-07-2016 02:55 PM
    I have the same problem on a brand new US unlocked version that I just bought from Best Buy. It's going back to the store tomorrow. It's definitely not normal.

Posted via the Android Central App

I went to the service center and was attended by the manager himself who told me it's normal and his phone was the same.
    He said there is a reason the home button is called the center button, it's because you have to click in the center.
    He said whether left or right side you press ultimately when the center button gets pressed, the click gets registered.

While another device was easier to be clicked everywhere but I guess it's normal?

Is the screen protector touching the button? Or is it underneath? I didn't know you had a screen protector.
    Yes and no not anymore got it removed!
    07-09-2016 01:02 PM
    The service center manager told me that it was normal behavior!
    And it is called a center button because you have to press it in the middle!
    07-11-2016 12:58 PM
    This has been a typical Samsung issue observed only in a few devices. I had this issue in my S6 last year. I got it replaced. The seller said one out of ten units have this problem. I must add that I had to fight my way out of their refusal to get a new phone. For me it was unacceptable.

I'd say that if it's bothering you and replacement is possible then do it. If not then don't worry. It doesn't effect the fingerprinting process.

But I've seen this issue on various Samsung phones. And back then when I had and googled it, I found many other people as well.
    07-11-2016 01:14 PM
    This has been a typical Samsung issue observed only in a few devices. I had this issue in my S6 last year. I got it replaced. The seller said one out of ten units have this problem. I must add that I had to fight my way out of their refusal to get a new phone. For me it was unacceptable.

I'd say that if it's bothering you and replacement is possible then do it. If not then don't worry. It doesn't effect the fingerprinting process.

But I've seen this issue on various Samsung phones. And back then when I had and googled it, I found many other people as well.
    I don't think that they will replace the phone but they might repair the screen if I send it back to the country I got it from.
    Do you suggest I should get that done?
    07-12-2016 11:32 AM
    No repairing the screen wont help. Dont send it. It will only make things worse as the phone might not remain water resistant. If you're okay with the button and it doesn't bother you that much then forget about it. Keep it.

Let me give you the best suggestion ever. Download 'easy home for samsung' from playstore. Its free. Download it and set it up. What it does is that it makes your home button a capacitive button and you don't ever have to push it down again. Its amazing.

Download it and set it up. Disable long press. And disable waiting for long press. Set response level to immediate. You'll never have to press the home button again! Trust me.
    07-13-2016 06:14 AM
    No repairing the screen wont help. Dont send it. It will only make things worse as the phone might not remain water resistant. If you're okay with the button and it doesn't bother you that much then forget about it. Keep it.

Let me give you the best suggestion ever. Download 'easy home for samsung' from playstore. Its free. Download it and set it up. What it does is that it makes your home button a capacitive button and you don't ever have to push it down again. Its amazing.

Download it and set it up. Disable long press. And disable waiting for long press. Set response level to immediate. You'll never have to press the home button again! Trust me.
    Why won't the screen replacement not help?
    I mean the button and screen will be changed and when it is performed by a samsung authorized service center, it still remains water resistant that is what one service center told me.

I tried the app its a good temporary substitute but not a permanent one.
    My phone is 3 months old do you think that the retailer will exchange the device?

Now after looking at other devices my button does bother me :/
    07-13-2016 12:21 PM
    Please do not make multiple topics on the same issue. Please use one thread for that.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...verywhere.html

Thanks.
    07-13-2016 01:51 PM