Should I wait for the note 7?

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
First, I have seen other threads but this is personal to my needs.

So my LG G5 has broken from a pressure crack. Never have I had a phone break so easily ( don't even know how the crack even happened so I assume build quality),so Instead of getting a new one I will be switching to Samsung. Now my phone is almost completely unusable but still able to function but with great difficulty.

I really want to wait for the note 7 as I prefer to have usb type c and better upgrades but recent leaks make it seem like it has little advantage over the s7 edge. So I'm not sure if I should keep holding out for a disappointing phone while have an almost unusable phone for a whole month. Was thinking maybe getting a cheap phone while I wait but each day I feel like maybe I should just get the s7 edge.

So what should I do? Wait for the phone I want but not sure if it is what I want or get a new phone now? Sorry for the long first post.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Note 7 should have more updated software, a larger screen, potentially more RAM, updated screen tech, a better camera and the S-Pen, otherwise they seem very similar to me.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Food for thought: the rumored announcement is in early August (unless that's been confirmed, I haven't heard anything in a while). That doesn't necessarily mean that the device will be launched in early August.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Note 7 should have more updated software, a larger screen, potentially more RAM, updated screen tech, a better camera and the S-Pen, otherwise they seem very similar to me.

From latest leaks it looks otherwise but because it's still not 100% I'm hoping what you say is actually what the note 7 will be. Otherwise I would have went for the edge.

Food for thought: the rumored announcement is in early August (unless that's been confirmed, I haven't heard anything in a while). That doesn't necessarily mean that the device will be launched in early August.

I know. By that time I won't be in need of a phone as much as I dofor the next 4 weeks. Bad timing where I need my phone for messages and emails. For now I'm using a tablet to replace those 2, but getting much harder to call as well. Which is why I'm in a dilemma of either getting the s7 edge and not being that happy but able to get things done easier or suck it up and see if the note 7 is what I want.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
From latest leaks it looks otherwise but because it's still not 100% I'm hoping what you say is actually what the note 7 will be. Otherwise I would have went for the edge.

I know. By that time I won't be in need of a phone as much as I dofor the next 4 weeks. Bad timing where I need my phone for messages and emails. For now I'm using a tablet to replace those 2, but getting much harder to call as well. Which is why I'm in a dilemma of either getting the s7 edge and not being that happy but able to get things done easier or suck it up and see if the note 7 is what I want.
What carrier do you have? If TMo or ATT you could try getting either a cheap flip phone or a dirt cheap smartphone to get you through the next month. The latter option may be better in case the Note looks like you want it, but buying it may not be possible until the end of the month.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
What carrier do you have? If TMo or ATT you could try getting either a cheap flip phone or a dirt cheap smartphone to get you through the next month. The latter option may be better in case the Note looks like you want it, but buying it may not be possible until the end of the month.

Wish I could but my carrier doesn't do it. I guess I have to wait, I like the s7 edge but type c and better performance will last me longer. Hoping the note 7 will be water resistant like the edge as well.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Wish I could but my carrier doesn't do it. I guess I have to wait, I like the s7 edge but type c and better performance will last me longer. Hoping the note 7 will be water resistant like the edge as well.

Is there a way you can buy a device for your carrier on ebay or something?

james_1980

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Isn't USB-C just a rumour at this time? It is a deal breaker for me also.

Surely you can make a warranty claim for your LG?

Then maybe sell it once Note7 is available?

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Is there a way you can buy a device for your carrier on ebay or something?
I might go pre paid for a couple weeks. At this point the phone screen no longer responds.

Isn't USB-C just a rumour at this time? It is a deal breaker for me also.

Surely you can make a warranty claim for your LG?

Then maybe sell it once Note7 is available?
Was around $150 to fix the phone then not including I want to leave the contract, will cost more to fix and will take time so i feel I am better off waiting.

It's seems more than likely usb type c will be on the 7. The reason I didn't get the edge is lack of type c. I want to make sure the phone will be future proof and would like to be able to transfer memory on mobile ssd via usb type c.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad