07-22-2016 10:03 PM
53 123
tools
    Can't argue with a lot of what you said. Apple support is great and the iPhone runs smooth for the most part. Android Pay may not be where apple pay is, but Samsung pay blows them all out of the water as far as availability. It definitely isn't a reason to choose Samsung, at least not for me, but it is the most accepted from what I've seen. I use it more than I used Apple Pay for sure but both are great services.
    Oh yeah Samsung Pay is easily the best unless you're like me and your Credit Union has support for one platform... Apple pay.

Seriously its like everything in my life is pointing at iPhone.

I like my S7 and it's ashame that Samsung won't optimize the animations and scrolling. Or is it Chrome's fault? Since Samsung's browser with content blockers is pretty damn nice.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    07-12-2016 07:50 AM
    Oh yeah Samsung Pay is easily the best unless you're like me and your Credit Union has support for one platform... Apple pay.

Seriously its like everything in my life is pointing at iPhone.

I like my S7 and it's ashame that Samsung won't optimize the animations and scrolling. Or is it Chrome's fault? Since Samsung's browser with content blockers is pretty damn nice.
    Because other browsers like the built in one by Samsung and Safari limit scrolling speed. Chrome allows you to scroll faster than it can load, hence the stuttering.
    vahdyx likes this.
    07-12-2016 07:52 AM
    Because other browsers like the built in one by Samsung and Safari limit scrolling speed. Chrome allows you to scroll faster than it can load, hence the stuttering.
    The built in browser by Samsung and Chrome scroll the same distance. At least on my S7 Edge. Not sure how carrier versions are. I have the SM-935U model that was recently released.

****Edit****

Oh no you're right. Chrome can go from top to bottom with a vigorous swipe where as the Samsung browser took a couple swipes. On iPhone it takes several swipes. However when you get to the bottom of a page on Safari you can go to the top instantly by tapping the top of the screen. So there's that I guess.
    07-12-2016 07:54 AM
    Plus Android Pay is not where near as available as Apple Pay
    Can't imagine where you get that from. Android Pay and Apple Pay both need NFC and here in Tucson less than a third of stores have it, and some of them do not even have NFC functioning. Samsung Pay only needs a card swipe terminal.
    07-12-2016 09:33 AM
    Can't imagine where you get that from. Android Pay and Apple Pay both need NFC and here in Tucson less than a third of stores have it, and some of them do not even have NFC functioning. Samsung Pay only needs a card swipe terminal.
    This is true. Went with a friend to pick up a pizza at a Pizza Hut. they had just a very basic card reader. The manager had no idea if it would work with Samsung Pay. It did. He was so surprised. It was the first time he saw anyone pay with their phone there.

Manager said their system was about six years old and it worked.
    JRuppenthal likes this.
    07-12-2016 09:49 AM
    Android Pay isn't as available as Apple Pay. It's not a weird concept. Apps use Apple Pay for payment processing, and more banks and credit unions support Apple Pay.

Apple Pay is just more common. Samsung Pay can be used at more locations sure unless your bank or financial institution doesn't support it. For example Credit Union of Denver, TCF bank, Public Service Credit Union, and First Bank.

These Colorado financial institutions all support Apple Pay and none of them support Samsung or Android Pay.

So when I say more available, I mean more supported.
    07-12-2016 09:54 AM
    Not for me. I have tried iPhone and never had any real "issues" with it .. it just isn't for me. I prefer Android all the way.
    Jay Sacks and crpmp007 like this.
    07-12-2016 12:31 PM
    I do miss iMessage and FaceTime as the rest of my family has iPhones. I feel the built quality is better on the iPhone, not that the S7e is bad by any means. I feel where the S7e really pulls away from the iPhone is the display. It is amazing, bright, clear and bold colors. I also like the camera software better on the Galaxy. I'm glad I kept my 6 plus so I can use it once in awhile and get my iPhone fix.
    07-12-2016 06:21 PM
    Never even crossed my mind to switch to an iPhone.

Posted with my S7 edge via the Android Central App
    07-12-2016 06:53 PM
    Can't imagine I'll "upgrade" from my iPhone SE - unless Apple introduces new SE model - which is giving me the best battery life of any smartphone I've ever had. Very pleased Apple began offering a beefed up 4-inch model.
    How do you go from using an edge to an iPhone SE?! I took out an old iPhone 4 in my drawer and couldn't ever imagine going to that size screen
    07-12-2016 07:55 PM
    No.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    07-12-2016 09:40 PM
    How do you go from using an edge to an iPhone SE?! I took out an old iPhone 4 in my drawer and couldn't ever imagine going to that size screen
    Was weird at first, but then I couldn't put the damn thing down and now I'm just the opposite, as picking up one of my larger phones and having to use two hands seems so cumbersome. (And this SE battery life is fabulous.)
    07-13-2016 07:07 AM
    Was weird at first, but then I couldn't put the damn thing down and now I'm just the opposite, as picking up one of my larger phones and having to use two hands seems so cumbersome. (And this SE battery life is fabulous.)
    Very interesting, you don't miss the screen on the edge and how vibrant it is? The iPhone is so dull and boring lol
    07-13-2016 07:11 AM
    I just switched from the 6S Plus after seeing the iOS 10 intro and here are a few thoughts:

iOS 10 has a few changes to messaging that I do not care about at all. Hangouts has had interactive messaging for awhile at least on the web client and works for me. Also the use of WhatsApp has been fine for sending files like pictures or videos.

The OS has been stale since iOS 4 with no major features being introduced. 3D touch is garbage. I never used it, half the time it did nothing and even in iOS10 it doesn't seem to have a ton of function. It never saved me much time if any and usually I had to "try" to use it before hand. It was never natural to me. My wife has a 6S Plus still and she has legitimately never used it and turned off Live Photos, the reason she wanted the S, the day after she got it.

The screen is brilliant for a 1080p screen but the 2k screen on the S7 Edge blows it away.

This is only a side note because it would never affect me, but offering a 16gb phone with about 11.5gb of free space is a crime that Apple will likely continue to commit until people who think "I don't need space, I just use my phone for Facebook" and then end up not being able to update because they have .012gb left stop buying 16gb phones.

Android lacks some of the polish and battery like of newer iOS devices but the trade offs between innovation and stagnation are well worth it.
    07-13-2016 07:36 AM
    Very interesting, you don't miss the screen on the edge and how vibrant it is? The iPhone is so dull and boring lol
    Nope, not at all. Ah, and one man's "dull and boring" is another man's "stability and performance." (I'll be playing with the Moto Z Droid Force next, so as always, my opinions are subject to change. )
    cwbcpa and Dukins like this.
    07-13-2016 07:48 AM
    Nope, not at all. Ah, and one man's "dull and boring" is another man's "stability and performance." (I'll be playing with the Moto Z Droid Force next, so as always, my opinions are subject to change. )
    I hear ya, although I find the stability and performance of the edge to be great, I had a 6s Plus so battery life was amazing on that if not a little better than the edge. I tried the s7 but battery wasn't good enough for me. I don't want to have to charge a phone during my day, should last all day.

I am hearing good things of the moto Z, although I am not a Motorola fan but to each is own!
    sangs likes this.
    07-13-2016 07:52 AM
    I have 2 lines. One has an iPhone 6 plus and the other an s7 edge. I get bored easily and go back and forth. My work phone is a Windows phone and that's the only one I really dislike honestly. Neither the iPhone or Android phones have everything I want. A mix of both keeps me going though.

Posted via Carrier Pigeon.
    sangs likes this.
    07-13-2016 09:09 AM
    You should see how Chrome´s unlimited scrolling works on iOS. Incredibly smooth. So maybe some optimisation on the Android side is necessary.
    07-16-2016 01:05 PM
    If any of you are curious about iOS 10 vs. Android N, check out this video on YouTube. I think this confirms that so much of what Apple is doing is still catch up, and a lot of what Android N brings to the table is already on the Samsung S7 Edge.

Posted via the Android Central App
    sangs likes this.
    07-16-2016 01:14 PM
    Always have the latest iPhone and circulate between new Galaxy, Nexus etc on the Android side. At any point I have the latest iPhone and another Android flagship. Frequently switch between them and love both platforms, I'm not the type saying oh iOS is catching up, Android is catching up etc. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.
    07-16-2016 02:54 PM
    Probably will go for next plus version. Voice commands on iOS are far better supported on my native language than it is on Android. And certain very useful features are the reasons to go back. Tho the journey to Android world once more has been fun
    07-16-2016 05:33 PM
    If any of you are curious about iOS 10 vs. Android N, check out this video on YouTube. I think this confirms that so much of what Apple is doing is still catch up, and a lot of what Android N brings to the table is already on the Samsung S7 Edge.

Most of the stuff that appears to be "new" in iOS10 was already in iOS9 such as widgets and interactions with notifications etc, albeit with a different presentation. iOS 10 has focused on aesthetic change more than people realise.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    07-17-2016 09:07 AM
    Hate iTunes and no sd card and hate hate hate iTunes.

posted via the lovely innovative Priv by BlackBerry - Powered by Android
    Alanhd likes this.
    07-17-2016 12:49 PM
    Nope. Not a chance.

07-17-2016 04:48 PM
    I put my sim in my iPhone 6 Plus yesterday. I installed the public beta of iOS 10. So far it is really nice. Too bad the iPhone display doesn't come close to a S7e. Depending on what the final specs will be on the iPhone 7, I am thinking I will probably get it. I will keep the S7e to go back to when I need a change.
    07-17-2016 11:22 PM
53 123