Switch to iPhone 7?

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Good post. It really is a personal choice. I like my S7E but I am not a fan of the glass build. While I don't see going back to the iPhone I will never say never. Right now I'm choosing between the S7E and Nexus 6P. I like a lot about both. I don't miss my 6s plus as much as i thought I might. It was a very good phone for me though along with the 6 plus before it.

Yes man. I think all the phones are almost the same now. And in android too, only Samsung is pushing the bar with providing tons of amazing features. The rest are taking a mellow approach of providing what works. Though I like Samsungs approach, I think others approach is better. Like what HTC and nexus do. Simple. Clean. Solid. Honest.

All phones are good phones now. Like you I just wasn't a fan of the glass build. To the point that I considered switching and I finally did. Still think HTC and nexus phones are the way to go on Android. Samsung is great! It's damn near perfect. But I don't know what it is about the experience that does not appeal to me as much. I really don't.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I'll definitely be upgrading to the 7pro. I'm a fan of both and have the S7Edge and 6s plus. But for awhile now the edge has been buried deep in a drawer due to battery. Yes, it has a ton of features and quick charging, but for now my personal choice is iPhone 6s+ and will be 7pro. I like to switch up every now and then so I dont think my edge will have seen its last days yet.

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Probably, I'm a big fan of Apple support and app support. I'm not a huge tinkerer so just having smooth animations is a big deal for me. With the S7 it has too many janky animations especially scrolling. Makes it feel like the phone is slow.

Plus Android Pay is not where near as available as Apple Pay, HomeKit, accessory support, and resale. I just have a hard time ignoring it.

My Unlocked S7 Edge is cool and all but the user experience isn't as smooth.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Can't imagine I'll "upgrade" from my iPhone SE - unless Apple introduces new SE model - which is giving me the best battery life of any smartphone I've ever had. Very pleased Apple began offering a beefed up 4-inch model.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Probably, I'm a big fan of Apple support and app support. I'm not a huge tinkerer so just having smooth animations is a big deal for me. With the S7 it has too many janky animations especially scrolling. Makes it feel like the phone is slow.

Plus Android Pay is not where near as available as Apple Pay, HomeKit, accessory support, and resale. I just have a hard time ignoring it.

My Unlocked S7 Edge is cool and all but the user experience isn't as smooth.
Can't argue with a lot of what you said. Apple support is great and the iPhone runs smooth for the most part. Android Pay may not be where apple pay is, but Samsung pay blows them all out of the water as far as availability. It definitely isn't a reason to choose Samsung, at least not for me, but it is the most accepted from what I've seen. I use it more than I used Apple Pay for sure but both are great services.

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Can't argue with a lot of what you said. Apple support is great and the iPhone runs smooth for the most part. Android Pay may not be where apple pay is, but Samsung pay blows them all out of the water as far as availability. It definitely isn't a reason to choose Samsung, at least not for me, but it is the most accepted from what I've seen. I use it more than I used Apple Pay for sure but both are great services.
Oh yeah Samsung Pay is easily the best unless you're like me and your Credit Union has support for one platform... Apple pay.

Seriously its like everything in my life is pointing at iPhone.

I like my S7 and it's ashame that Samsung won't optimize the animations and scrolling. Or is it Chrome's fault? Since Samsung's browser with content blockers is pretty damn nice.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Oh yeah Samsung Pay is easily the best unless you're like me and your Credit Union has support for one platform... Apple pay.

Seriously its like everything in my life is pointing at iPhone.

I like my S7 and it's ashame that Samsung won't optimize the animations and scrolling. Or is it Chrome's fault? Since Samsung's browser with content blockers is pretty damn nice.
Because other browsers like the built in one by Samsung and Safari limit scrolling speed. Chrome allows you to scroll faster than it can load, hence the stuttering.

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Because other browsers like the built in one by Samsung and Safari limit scrolling speed. Chrome allows you to scroll faster than it can load, hence the stuttering.

The built in browser by Samsung and Chrome scroll the same distance. At least on my S7 Edge. Not sure how carrier versions are. I have the SM-935U model that was recently released.

****Edit****

Oh no you're right. Chrome can go from top to bottom with a vigorous swipe where as the Samsung browser took a couple swipes. On iPhone it takes several swipes. However when you get to the bottom of a page on Safari you can go to the top instantly by tapping the top of the screen. So there's that I guess.

Last edited:

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Plus Android Pay is not where near as available as Apple Pay

Can't imagine where you get that from. Android Pay and Apple Pay both need NFC and here in Tucson less than a third of stores have it, and some of them do not even have NFC functioning. Samsung Pay only needs a card swipe terminal.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Can't imagine where you get that from. Android Pay and Apple Pay both need NFC and here in Tucson less than a third of stores have it, and some of them do not even have NFC functioning. Samsung Pay only needs a card swipe terminal.

This is true. Went with a friend to pick up a pizza at a Pizza Hut. they had just a very basic card reader. The manager had no idea if it would work with Samsung Pay. It did. He was so surprised. It was the first time he saw anyone pay with their phone there.

Manager said their system was about six years old and it worked.

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Android Pay isn't as available as Apple Pay. It's not a weird concept. Apps use Apple Pay for payment processing, and more banks and credit unions support Apple Pay.

Apple Pay is just more common. Samsung Pay can be used at more locations sure unless your bank or financial institution doesn't support it. For example Credit Union of Denver, TCF bank, Public Service Credit Union, and First Bank.

These Colorado financial institutions all support Apple Pay and none of them support Samsung or Android Pay.

So when I say more available, I mean more supported.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Not for me. I have tried iPhone and never had any real "issues" with it .. it just isn't for me. I prefer Android all the way.

bullittmustang

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I do miss iMessage and FaceTime as the rest of my family has iPhones. I feel the built quality is better on the iPhone, not that the S7e is bad by any means. I feel where the S7e really pulls away from the iPhone is the display. It is amazing, bright, clear and bold colors. I also like the camera software better on the Galaxy. I'm glad I kept my 6 plus so I can use it once in awhile and get my iPhone fix.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Can't imagine I'll "upgrade" from my iPhone SE - unless Apple introduces new SE model - which is giving me the best battery life of any smartphone I've ever had. Very pleased Apple began offering a beefed up 4-inch model.
How do you go from using an edge to an iPhone SE?! I took out an old iPhone 4 in my drawer and couldn't ever imagine going to that size screen

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
How do you go from using an edge to an iPhone SE?! I took out an old iPhone 4 in my drawer and couldn't ever imagine going to that size screen

Was weird at first, but then I couldn't put the damn thing down and now I'm just the opposite, as picking up one of my larger phones and having to use two hands seems so cumbersome. (And this SE battery life is fabulous.)

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Was weird at first, but then I couldn't put the damn thing down and now I'm just the opposite, as picking up one of my larger phones and having to use two hands seems so cumbersome. (And this SE battery life is fabulous.)
Very interesting, you don't miss the screen on the edge and how vibrant it is? The iPhone is so dull and boring lol

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I just switched from the 6S Plus after seeing the iOS 10 intro and here are a few thoughts:

iOS 10 has a few changes to messaging that I do not care about at all. Hangouts has had interactive messaging for awhile at least on the web client and works for me. Also the use of WhatsApp has been fine for sending files like pictures or videos.

The OS has been stale since iOS 4 with no major features being introduced. 3D touch is garbage. I never used it, half the time it did nothing and even in iOS10 it doesn't seem to have a ton of function. It never saved me much time if any and usually I had to "try" to use it before hand. It was never natural to me. My wife has a 6S Plus still and she has legitimately never used it and turned off Live Photos, the reason she wanted the S, the day after she got it.

The screen is brilliant for a 1080p screen but the 2k screen on the S7 Edge blows it away.

This is only a side note because it would never affect me, but offering a 16gb phone with about 11.5gb of free space is a crime that Apple will likely continue to commit until people who think "I don't need space, I just use my phone for Facebook" and then end up not being able to update because they have .012gb left stop buying 16gb phones.

Android lacks some of the polish and battery like of newer iOS devices but the trade offs between innovation and stagnation are well worth it.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Very interesting, you don't miss the screen on the edge and how vibrant it is? The iPhone is so dull and boring lol

Nope, not at all. Ah, and one man's "dull and boring" is another man's "stability and performance." ;) (I'll be playing with the Moto Z Droid Force next, so as always, my opinions are subject to change. :D)