Switch to iPhone 7?

bullittmustang

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
With the leaks coming out now about the iPhone 7, is anyone thinking about jumping ship? Or maybe having both the iPhone and the Galaxy? I feel the S7e is a good phone, but not great. I am sorry I upgraded from the S6e, which I thought was a good phone, except for the battery.

mltvolfan

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
No chance I'm going to buy another iPhone any time soon. IMO Android surpassed iOS years ago, and I don't see a reason to go back. I love my S7 edge, and it's one of the best phones I've ever owned.

Posted From My SM-G935A

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Screwing around with a friend's iPad and iPhone reminded me of just how much I despised Apple everything. Makes you feel like you're in a straight jacket. Yuck!!! No thanks.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I will not be getting an iPhone again. I've had it once (the iPhone 5) and I've constantly had battery issues with it (it would drain so fast and no matter what I did to help it, nothing worked), plus the OS is very boring. Not to mention that the App Store didn't have one of the games that I play on my Galaxy, so that wouldn't work well with me. I love Apple products for everything else, though, like the laptop and the iPads. The phones, however, all look the same every year. There is never anything different or worth it in terms of upgrading. The software is still blah, the design is still not good ... I just don't feel like Apple has been doing much good for the iPhone, probably because they are running out of ideas to create a new design without having to copy from other companies. All in all, I am glad I switched to Samsung after having had horrible experience with the iPhone. I've played with my dad's 6Plus for a few and still, don't find it fascinating enough to go back to iPhone.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5c for work and detest the thing. Thinking of supplying my own Android phone for work. Work phone constantly reminds me why I hate the IOS eco system.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

bullittmustang

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I will not be getting an iPhone again. I've had it once (the iPhone 5) and I've constantly had battery issues with it (it would drain so fast and no matter what I did to help it, nothing worked), plus the OS is very boring. Not to mention that the App Store didn't have one of the games that I play on my Galaxy, so that wouldn't work well with me. I love Apple products for everything else, though, like the laptop and the iPads. The phones, however, all look the same every year. There is never anything different or worth it in terms of upgrading. The software is still blah, the design is still not good ... I just don't feel like Apple has been doing much good for the iPhone, probably because they are running out of ideas to create a new design without having to copy from other companies. All in all, I am glad I switched to Samsung after having had horrible experience with the iPhone. I've played with my dad's 6Plus for a few and still, don't find it fascinating enough to go back to iPhone.

I still have an iPhone 6plus that I pop my sim in ever once in awhile. I can honestly tell you that the battery life with that phone is great. Both phones do have their strong points and weaknesses. I am a phone addict who has had lots of iPhone's and Galaxy's. I think I will wait until the 2017 iPhone and switch back at that time. It is rumored to be amazing. I always keep an older model of my previous phone to switch to for a couple weeks. I get phone bored easily.

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I still have an iPhone 6plus that I pop my sim in ever once in awhile. I can honestly tell you that the battery life with that phone is great. Both phones do have their strong points and weaknesses. I am a phone addict who has had lots of iPhone's and Galaxy's. I think I will wait until the 2017 iPhone and switch back at that time. It is rumored to be amazing. I always keep an older model of my previous phone to switch to for a couple weeks. I get phone bored easily.

Strangely I am yet to feel bored with my Note edge.

Posted via the Android Central App

SinceTheBeginning

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
After using Android phones for years and seeing other people's experiences with iPhones, I'd never make the switch. iPhones look and feel like toys to me, and expandable storage is something that I don't ever plan to give up. Then there's the wireless charging, water resistance, the higher resolution screen, not being tied down to iOS...

Apple used to be innovative but now it just seems like they're going through the motions, making each new iPhone slightly prettier while leaving other companies to take more risks and be more innovative.

bullittmustang

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
After using Android phones for years and seeing other people's experiences with iPhones, I'd never make the switch. iPhones look and feel like toys to me, and expandable storage is something that I don't ever plan to give up. Then there's the wireless charging, water resistance, the higher resolution screen, not being tied down to iOS...

Apple used to be innovative but now it just seems like they're going through the motions, making each new iPhone slightly prettier while leaving other companies to take more risks and be more innovative.

Good points, I'm really hoping the 2017 iPhone changes that.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
The only thing I'd consider is the battery on the iPhone....because I've recently become addicted to Pokémon Go. However...I've decided the Mophie for my S7E will give me hours of traipsing through the Pokémon wilderness.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6s Plus now and I probably will switch back to it for a few weeks when iOS 10 is officially released AND a jailbreak is also released. I like to switch up every now and then. That way I don't feel like I am missing anything. I do not have plans to get the iPhone 7.

However, I do plan to get that Galaxy Note 7! That will be one sexy device!!

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I recently switched from Galaxy S7 to the iPhone 6s Plus. Here's a brief phone history: started with iPhones. From 3GS to the 5s in 4 years. Switched because got extremely annoyed with the same sounds and colours and graphics. In two years I've used almost 10 android flagships from all major OEMs. The phone which stuck out the most and which made me love android was the HTC one M8.

Long story short. I ended up with the S6. Then S6 edge. After that I switched to the S7 which I had two days ago. I loved everything about it except the built. I have discovered that built and camera are the most important things for me. The phone has to feel solid and premium for its price as well as it should have a great camera. That's all I look for. Having said that I did use android to its depth (customised heavily).

For me, the built wasn't there. It felt far too fragile for heavy use. I don't care about the fingerprints. And it's a beautiful phone. But still, I like the solid feel. So it was down to either getting HTC 10 or the iPhone. I think these two phones have the best built. I went with the iPhone just to experience iOS 10.

Now. I've managed to find all the widgets I had on my homescreens in android and they now live in my today view. I've found all the apps.

The only thing I miss is fast charging and putting icons wherever I want. Except these two things I don't miss anything else. Yet. And I don't think I will. Hopefully.

iPhone 7 will probably have the best camera of this year. I'm pretty certain. The rest of the phone will be the same as it is now. Will probably have wireless charging and maybe quick charging too. If I have the money, I will consider it. That black colour looks good!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I recently switched from Galaxy S7 to the iPhone 6s Plus. Here's a brief phone history: started with iPhones. From 3GS to the 5s in 4 years. Switched because got extremely annoyed with the same sounds and colours and graphics. In two years I've used almost 10 android flagships from all major OEMs. The phone which stuck out the most and which made me love android was the HTC one M8.

Long story short. I ended up with the S6. Then S6 edge. After that I switched to the S7 which I had two days ago. I loved everything about it except the built. I have discovered that built and camera are the most important things for me. The phone has to feel solid and premium for its price as well as it should have a great camera. That's all I look for. Having said that I did use android to its depth (customised heavily).

For me, the built wasn't there. It felt far too fragile for heavy use. I don't care about the fingerprints. And it's a beautiful phone. But still, I like the solid feel. So it was down to either getting HTC 10 or the iPhone. I think these two phones have the best built. I went with the iPhone just to experience iOS 10.

Now. I've managed to find all the widgets I had on my homescreens in android and they now live in my today view. I've found all the apps.

The only thing I miss is fast charging and putting icons wherever I want. Except these two things I don't miss anything else. Yet. And I don't think I will. Hopefully.

iPhone 7 will probably have the best camera of this year. I'm pretty certain. The rest of the phone will be the same as it is now. Will probably have wireless charging and maybe quick charging too. If I have the money, I will consider it. That black colour looks good!
Good post. It really is a personal choice. I like my S7E but I am not a fan of the glass build. While I don't see going back to the iPhone I will never say never. Right now I'm choosing between the S7E and Nexus 6P. I like a lot about both. I don't miss my 6s plus as much as i thought I might. It was a very good phone for me though along with the 6 plus before it.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Good post. It really is a personal choice. I like my S7E but I am not a fan of the glass build. While I don't see going back to the iPhone I will never say never. Right now I'm choosing between the S7E and Nexus 6P. I like a lot about both. I don't miss my 6s plus as much as i thought I might. It was a very good phone for me though along with the 6 plus before it.
I as well came from the iPhone 6s Plus and do not miss it at all. The one thing I do miss is iMessage between my family, having the ability to send lengthy videos via iMessage. Now I have to upload to YouTube and share the link to family.

Other than that I think the edge is so much nicer form factor wise and the amoled screen does not even compare to the iPhones. I hated holding the iPhone 6s Plus one handed as well, it was like a thin awkward rectangle that had zero curves and no formation to the human hand whatsoever. Battery life was the only thing I absolutely loved about the phone. The standby time beats any android phone, but I still get through the day with my edge so that's all that matters to me.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I doubt I'll be buying the iPhone 7. There isn't going to be that much of a change between it and the 6S/+ other then maybe a storage increase and maybe an added special feature or two. That's just how the non S models have been.

My next phone will likely be another Android but I'll be waiting to see what happens with Samsung with the next Note and I won't buy a new phone till after the new year when I usually upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC