Is there a way to take photographs with the Clear View Cover Lid closed? - Galaxy S7 Edge

buzeavlad

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Hello! I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with a clear view cover.

This cover makes it pretty hard to hold the phone with one hand while taking photos with the rear camera. The camera app lets you take photos using the volume buttons, but when you close the lid to have a better grip on the phone, the screen turns off and the volume buttons do not trigger the camera anymore.

Is there a way to overcome this? Something like setting the phone to ignore the cover?

Last edited:

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello! I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with a clear view cover.

This cover makes it pretty hard to hold the phone with one hand while taking photos with the rear camera. The camera app lets you take photos using the volume buttons, but when you close the lid to have a better grip on the phone, the screen turns off and the volume buttons do not trigger the camera anymore.

Is there a way to overcome this? Something like setting the phone to ignore the cover?

Photography is why I've taken every flip cover off every device I've used. Dot View on HTC, Flip on Asus, Wallet on Windows, they all wreck the photography of the phone if you're trying to get pics quick.

The best answer is that you should get a new case.

You might be able to find magnets in the case that you could remove and you might be able to interact with the phone without those in the cover, but you're more likely to wreck things rather than fix them by doing this, but if you're going to get a new one anyway, it might be worth a shot?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37