I've had an s7 and now got the s7 edge and the lag I have when looking through my pictures is so bad. I swipe to go through the pictures and it pauses halfway through the swipe. It's not smooth at all like it was on my s7.

I also noticed when I open my gallery sometimes that the camera folder is blank white and shoes (0) picture count.
    07-11-2016 08:15 PM
    This is today's issue. Pictures take forever to load and when I select a picture it is blurry and takes about 10 seconds to clear up. I have factory reset numerous times now.

07-22-2016 10:16 AM
    issues with your SD card perhaps
    07-22-2016 11:53 AM
    Try restarting the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App on a kicking Gold Samsung Galaxy S7
    07-22-2016 01:53 PM
    Try restarting the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App on a kicking Gold Samsung Galaxy S7
    Restarted and factory reset multiple times. I removed the SD card and put it back in so will see if that does anything.
    07-22-2016 04:23 PM
    As an experiment, try saving a half dozen pix to internal storage and see if you have the same issue.

Yea! Heavy And A Bottle Of Bread
    07-22-2016 08:20 PM
    As an experiment, try saving a half dozen pix to internal storage and see if you have the same issue.

Yea! Heavy And A Bottle Of Bread
    Good idea. And the next time I have the issue I will check the internal storage pictures to see if I experience the same issue
    07-22-2016 09:14 PM
    Sounds like an issue with your SD card.

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge
    07-22-2016 10:04 PM
    Sounds like an issue with your SD card.

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge
    It is my SD card. Took a video today and went to play it and the video just stops but the time still is going up. I moved the video to my phone storage and plays fine. I had this SD card in my regular s7 and it was fine. Do I move all my pics to my computer and reformat the card? Will that fix it or am I beyond repair?
    07-23-2016 08:13 PM
    Depends. How old is the card. These things have a limited write and erase capacity. Personally I'd suggest just buying a new card.
    07-23-2016 09:34 PM
    Depends. How old is the card. These things have a limited write and erase capacity. Personally I'd suggest just buying a new card.
    I bought it like 2 months ago! And it did work fine in my other phone.
    07-23-2016 09:52 PM
    What class/speed is the card? If it's class 10 U1 or better, it shouldn't be doing this. I just upgraded mine though from a class 10 U1 to a class 10 U3 because of lag issues that were not as bad as yours. Unfortunately I'm having lag in other areas of the phone ever since the July security update despite a reset/factory erase, and a wipe system cache after that when the lag came back again. Its on and off. Sometimes the phone flies, other times it is laggy as all get go. I really thought Sammy had sorted this issue out.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-23-2016 10:05 PM
    What class/speed is the card? If it's class 10 U1 or better, it shouldn't be doing this. I just upgraded mine though from a class 10 U1 to a class 10 U3 because of lag issues that were not as bad as yours. Unfortunately I'm having lag in other areas of the phone ever since the July security update despite a reset/factory erase, and a wipe system cache after that when the lag came back again. Its on and off. Sometimes the phone flies, other times it is laggy as all get go. I really thought Sammy had sorted this issue out.

That's odd, as I'm on the July update and not experiencing any lag whatsoever.

Posted via my Titanium S7 Edge!
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    07-24-2016 06:25 AM

It's a SanDisk Ultra 128 GB microSDHC - Class 10/UHS-I - 80 MB/s Read

I never had issues with it in my other samsung. Right now I am transferring everything off of it and going to reformat to see if that does anything
    07-24-2016 08:18 AM
    It's a SanDisk Ultra 128 GB microSDHC - Class 10/UHS-I - 80 MB/s Read

I never had issues with it in my other samsung. Right now I am transferring everything off of it and going to reformat to see if that does anything
    Hi everyone. Even i am facing the same issue with my S7 edge. Infact ivget a feeling my S7 edge lags in gallery, videos, music only because of the sd card.
    Did changing the sd card solve your problem?
    Which sd card should i go for?
    10-14-2016 08:46 AM
    Hi everyone. Even i am facing the same issue with my S7 edge. Infact ivget a feeling my S7 edge lags in gallery, videos, music only because of the sd card.
    Did changing the sd card solve your problem?
    Which sd card should i go for?
    I had to wipe and reformat my sd card for a second time now to get rid of the lag. It is most certainly the SD card bc when I took it out there was zero lag in the gallery app.

Now that I reformatted it again it's working just fine, for now. Might have to get a new SD card if this problem occurs again. I just got the card maybe two months ago. It's a SanDisk ultra class 128gb
    10-14-2016 10:19 AM
    The card is new. I mean since the last time we spoke, so now it is 4 Months. 128gb SanDisk and I'm still having issues with my camera album that is stored on the SD card. When scrolling through the album, pictures are blank and when swiping through individual pictures it freezes halfway through the swipe and then goes to a black screen. I've reformated the card twice now. Never ever had an issue with an SD card in my life.

Any suggestions?
    12-29-2016 03:46 PM
    Did you format the card on your computer or the phone? If you used the computer to format it, try formatting it with the phone.
    Did you try using a different app to view the pictures, like a file explorer or something?
    I have a Samsung 32GB in my S7 Edge without problems, but have Sandisk 128GB in my Note 10.1 tablet and occasional lag when viewing pictures in the gallery app.
    12-29-2016 06:50 PM
    Did you format the card on your computer or the phone? If you used the computer to format it, try formatting it with the phone.
    Did you try using a different app to view the pictures, like a file explorer or something?
    I have a Samsung 32GB in my S7 Edge without problems, but have Sandisk 128GB in my Note 10.1 tablet and occasional lag when viewing pictures in the gallery app.
    Both times I formatted it on the computer, but I read today to format it on the phone which I did. I have a couple of pictures on it now and seems to be OK for the time being. Usually the lag comes back after a while and when more pictures are on the card

Interesting, so you have issues too with the 128gb SanDisk.
    12-29-2016 08:37 PM
    Yes, I have the Sandisk 128GB. I have a few 32GB Sandisk and a 64GB Samsung and have only seen the lag on the 128GB.
    12-29-2016 10:02 PM
    Has anyone contacted SanDisk at SanDisk microSD Tech Support (the Chat Live link at the upper right)? They'll replace defective cards.
    12-29-2016 10:38 PM
    Has anyone contacted SanDisk at SanDisk microSD Tech Support (the Chat Live link at the upper right)? They'll replace defective cards.
    Thanks for the info. I will contact them if I find the lag again after reformatting on my phone.
    12-30-2016 07:11 AM
    I had a Samsung 64gb microsd card fail within 2 months. I started to see only half the pictures in my gallery literally half of a picture on multiples that wouldn't go into full screen. 2 days later it completely failed. I got it cheap on sale at Amazon. Just luck of the draw I suppose.
    12-31-2016 10:31 AM