Has anyone else had this happen to them? Twice this morning already I've picked my phone up, tried to unlock it with my fingerprint and I get the "Your device has recently been reset" message which makes me enter my pin/password. I know for a fact that it has not actually reset though because the first time I was using it, set it down for a few second and picked it back up when it gave me the message. Also I can look at my gsam and see that it's been powered on all day with no breaks. I'm going to try actually restarting my phone to see if it helps but has anyone else dealt with this? It's happened randomly the past couple weeks but never twice within an hour time frame.
    07-12-2016 11:17 AM
    Any particular carrier/model? I haven't seen that on mine other than when it does reboot. I'm assuming you don't have the auto-reboot option set up?
    07-12-2016 12:29 PM
    Mine did it the other day for the first time. Definitely didn't reboot but said it did.
    07-12-2016 12:33 PM
    Any particular carrier/model? I haven't seen that on mine other than when it does reboot. I'm assuming you don't have the auto-reboot option set up?
    Verizon SM-G935V. I have no idea if I have auto-reboot setup, but it's definitely not rebooting. Unless it had a 7 second reboot cycle... lol. No issues since rebooting so we'll see if it comes back. I wouldn't really care other than due to me having my work calendar synced to my phone, our company security settings force my phone to use a password instead of just a pin. (Pattern isn't even an option for a primary unlock.) Not the quickest alternative unlocking method...
    07-12-2016 02:05 PM
    Exchange policies. I had the same issue. But I discovered Nine. It's AWESOME. Not free, but totally worth it. It will let apply whatever security policy your company enforces to the app only (as if the app were the whole phone), letting you lock/unlock the rest of the phone as you see fit. It's also the only app I found that integrates seamlessly with the stock calendar/contacts.

I used it because without it my company's policy wouldn't let me use Smart Unlock with my headphones. Nine has been a blessing. You will have to unlock the app, though, so you'll set up a pin/password and fingerprint for that.
    07-12-2016 03:11 PM
    Exchange policies. I had the same issue. But I discovered Nine. It's AWESOME. Not free, but totally worth it. It will let apply whatever security policy your company enforces to the app only (as if the app were the whole phone), letting you lock/unlock the rest of the phone as you see fit. It's also the only app I found that integrates seamlessly with the stock calendar/contacts.

I used it because without it my company's policy wouldn't let me use Smart Unlock with my headphones. Nine has been a blessing. You will have to unlock the app, though, so you'll set up a pin/password and fingerprint for that.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I might try that app out. In addition to controlling the security settings I also had to agree to allowing them the ability to wipe my phone remotely (in the event of the phone being lost or stolen to protect any confidential or proprietary info on the email account). Would Nine address that as well? I understand why our policy is what it is (Fortune 500 company, one of the main oil and gas services companies in the world) but it sucks having to give them that kind of access just so I can sync my calendar...
    07-13-2016 07:51 AM
    I had the same issue a few times this past month and I don't know what's causing it. Sometimes it happens when it's updating apps and my phone actually reboots whenever I would unmount my SD card but in the end it never would actually unmount it. Don't know why that is though

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-13-2016 09:02 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion, I might try that app out. In addition to controlling the security settings I also had to agree to allowing them the ability to wipe my phone remotely (in the event of the phone being lost or stolen to protect any confidential or proprietary info on the email account). Would Nine address that as well? I understand why our policy is what it is (Fortune 500 company, one of the main oil and gas services companies in the world) but it sucks having to give them that kind of access just so I can sync my calendar...
    If the permission is related to the Exchange account policies, yes, Nine will keep all those confined to Nine (you can set it to apply to the phone or choose to enclose it in Nine only). BUT if that permission lodged itself as a device administrator, I doubt Nine will be able to take care of that one. It's usually the first case, though, unless they installed something else to grant the remote wipe permission (that's pretty standard for Exchange accounts nowadays).
    07-13-2016 11:08 AM
    If the permission is related to the Exchange account policies, yes, Nine will keep all those confined to Nine (you can set it to apply to the phone or choose to enclose it in Nine only). BUT if that permission lodged itself as a device administrator, I doubt Nine will be able to take care of that one. It's usually the first case, though, unless they installed something else to grant the remote wipe permission (that's pretty standard for Exchange accounts nowadays).
    Finally gave Nine a try and it works perfect! Keeps everything isolated to the app instead of giving my company a bunch of permissions to my device. Took a minute to figure out which login info I needed (we have 2 different email domains due to a merger plus an employee ID that we use to login to various things) but once I got that down it was super easy to setup and customize. Now I have all my calender synced without having to sacrifice privacy with my personal phone! Thanks for the suggestion SpookDroid!
    SpookDroid likes this.
    07-18-2016 01:39 PM
    Glad I could help! Took me a few tries and several e-mail apps to get to the right one, but once I found Nine, it was a blessing. Totally worth the asking price.
    07-18-2016 02:11 PM