Need recommendations to change Product Code and Firmware for G935F

goldenstate

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
My question is similar to the one in this previous thread, but with different specifics:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...73-need-help-firmware-updates-g935f-us-t.html

Like DISC2, I decided that I wanted the Exynos version of the GS7e. The one I acquired has product code SM-G935FZKATHR, so Iranian region. So far, it has been great, but I think it could be even better.

I have gotten one OTA update, and currently the following versions (Android 6.01 Build MMB29K, Jun 1 2016 security patch).
AP: G935FXXU1APF2
CP: G935FXXU1APEQ
CSC: G935FOJV1APF1

I am based in the USA, and have been a longtime user of unlocked phones on American T-Mobile. Ideally, I would like to migrate my device to a Product Code and firmware version that will provide the following:
1. frequent security updates delivered via OTA.
2. ability to enable Wifi calling on American T-Mobile.

I have been sifting through Sammobile.com and XDA forums, and I find the volume of information pretty overwhelming. If anyone has been down this path before me and has any experience or recommendations, please share!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

DISC2

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Re: Need recommendations to change Product Code and Firmware

If I could piggyback on this: If there's a region that has Samsung Pay available that would also be great.

Thanks!

goldenstate

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Need recommendations to change Product Code and Firmware

Assuming that you are located in a country where Samsung Pay is available, you hack it on to a G935F without changing firmware at all. You just need to sideload two apps. Search for the APKs for Samsung Pay Framework, as well as Samsung Pay, at a site like apkmirror.com (sister site of crosstown rivals Android Police). After both apps are installed, just launch Samsung Pay and go through the registration process. You will need to enroll an eligible credit card issued by a participating bank. (Depending on other apps you already have installed, you may need to temporarily need to disable permissions to appear "on top" of the display. If this applies to your device, you will get a popup screen just before the step in the registration process where you input your credit card info. The culprit could be a password manager. I assume Samsung Pay does this to prevent other apps from collecting your credit card info.)

goldenstate

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
There is an app you can get from the Google Play Store, which is specifically for Samsung phones. Search for Phone INFO, and make sure you are installing the one by the developer vndnguyen. After you install and launch it, select the tab "CSC Code." The top line of that tab is the Product Code of your device.

Another way to get your firmware details very quickly is to enter "*#1234#" (without the quotation marks) into the dialer.