Terrible 4G Connection.

Mickey_X

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
I have a 4G tablet and my S7Edge. I'm currently getting barely 1 bar on my phone at home, and 4 with my pos LG tablet.
Any feedback? Call ATT? Because obviously my tablet is getting a great connection while my phone connection is virtually nonexistent.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming that the signal bars are also corresponding to real world differences in performance, correct? Different devices can use different algorithms to calculate the signal bars, but still have the same comparative download speeds (although this is usually with differences of 1-2 bars or so).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Were both devices purchased directly from AT&T, or did you get the phone unlocked from somewhere else? If the phone isn't an AT&T variant, then it's possible that it's missing some of the network band support for AT&T. What's the exact model number in Settings>About Phone​?

Mickey_X

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
They were both purchased new directly from ATT, at the same time. The S7 edgr is model #smg953a. The 4G is so bad it just won't load pages or games frequently, and I'll go to the cheap LG 4G, wifi off, and have no problems.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, then at this point, I'd contact AT&T. It might help to visit one of their stores with both devices, and show them the difference in reception.

BTW, the S7 edge is SM935A, not SM953A (so other people don't get confused).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Go under settings > about phone and look at your actual -dBm signal. Bars do not mean much at all really -- each phone / carrier displays them differently. One phone could show 3 bars and another 1 bar in the same location but in reality have the same signal (which is checked by the -dBm score).

Check on each phone to compare the actual rating.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would try using signal check pro or lte discovery to see what band you are on and tower...

But even so I would contact att for further troubleshooting

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia