Is anyone using S7 Edge with this kind of car mount? I am wondering if it will break the display or back glass because it is applying pressure to the sides, S7 Edge side metal frame seems very thin.

I am using S4 with this mount with no problem, just thinking if S7 Edge or curved screen phones (note 7) can use with this mount or not. Thanks

Will the screen break if I use this car mount?-wjzwxpc.png
    07-14-2016 11:06 PM
    Is it designed specifically to be used with a curved glass screen phone? If not, I wouldn't.
    07-15-2016 05:38 AM
    Is anyone using S7 Edge with this kind of car mount? I am wondering if it will break the display or back glass because it is applying pressure to the sides, S7 Edge side metal frame seems very thin.

I am using S4 with this mount with no problem, just thinking if S7 Edge or curved screen phones (note 7) can use with this mount or not. Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WjZwXpc.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	357.2 KB 
ID:	232276
    I use a similar mount with mine and it works great just like with any other phone I've used it with. I have not seen a mount specifically for curved displays. Maybe I've just missed it.
    acsurfer likes this.
    07-15-2016 06:58 AM
    I use a similar mount with mine and it works great just like with any other phone I've used it with. I have not seen a mount specifically for curved displays. Maybe I've just missed it.
    Glad to hear that.
    I have not seen a mount specifically for curved displays too.
    What I mean is I am just worried if the strength of the grip will cause too much pressure to cureved screen phones. My S4 flat screen phone has a much wider side frame and the grip is only gripping to the side metal frame and it works fine.
    I have not tried curved phone on that car mount because the curved phone side metal frame is very thin, so I am a bit worried it will be slightly be pressed inwards when the mount is gripping and cause the display/back glass to break, maybe I am worrying too much.
    07-15-2016 08:48 AM
    Glad to hear that.
    I have not seen a mount specifically for curved displays too.
    What I mean is I am just worried if the strength of the grip will cause too much pressure to cureved screen phones. My S4 flat screen phone has a much wider side frame and the grip is only gripping to the side metal frame and it works fine.
    I have not tried curved phone on that car mount because the curved phone side metal frame is very thin, so I am a bit worried it will be slightly be pressed inwards when the mount is gripping and cause the display/back glass to break, maybe I am worrying too much.
    I think that is why someone made the comment. I'm sure that's a possibility but I'm not that worried.
    07-15-2016 08:49 AM
    Got one like that with some rubber to snug the phone down. But I use a case and its on a motorcycle. But had no problems with it or the phone and using said phone while it was like this from Hanford Ca to Redding Ca.

Posted via the Android Central App
    acsurfer likes this.
    07-15-2016 02:36 PM