I'm pretty sure that this particular tweak isn't possible without root, but just in case...

Is anyone aware of an app that will allow me to change the appearance of the Notifications shade from light to dark theme? The Samsung Themes change a lot, but not that.

Is there a third party app that does this?

Thanks.
    07-16-2016 01:43 PM

Like that?
    07-16-2016 03:05 PM
    That's balance theme from the theme store. If that's what you mean by a darker notification tray
    07-16-2016 03:07 PM
    No, the notifications are still light. I want the notifications to look like your Screebl and Quick connect strips, as they did pre-Lollipop.

There are a lot of themes that darken the areas that are dark on your screenshot. I'm trying to darken the rest (and assume I'm out of luck).

Thanks for the reply.
    07-16-2016 03:27 PM
    Oh I see. Ya that would be cool.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    07-16-2016 03:34 PM
    I'm pretty sure that this particular tweak isn't possible without root, but just in case...

Is anyone aware of an app that will allow me to change the appearance of the Notifications shade from light to dark theme? The Samsung Themes change a lot, but not that.

Is there a third party app that does this?

Thanks.
    There may be other ways to do it but I changed them from the default white using Samsung's Good Lock, there is a setting in there you can turn on "colored notification card" and it follows the colors you select when you create a routine

Good Lock can be found in Galaxy Apps, and here is a thread discussing it
    KPMcClave likes this.
    07-16-2016 04:50 PM
    There may be other ways to do it but I changed them from the default white using Samsung's Good Lock, there is a setting in there you can turn on "colored notification card" and it follows the colors you select when you create a routine

Good Lock can be found in Galaxy Apps, and here is a thread discussing it
    Thanks! I actually had Good Lock installed briefly just yesterday. I saw the other thread and a mention that notification colors could be switched, so I tried it. I still had white backgrounds, but didn't realize I had to do something with the Routines.

To be clear, if I wanted to I could have black notification cards with white font or something like that? If so, that's exactly what I'm looking to do, and will be happy to mess around with GL Routines to figure it out.

...OK, I just gave it a go, and I can't see how to make the backgrounds dark for notifications. Are we talking about different things here, or am I missing something?

If it matters, I'm using Nova Prime as my launcher. I do get the benefit of the still visible parts of the UI when I use a Samsung theme with Nova, though.
    07-16-2016 05:04 PM
    Answering my own question after stumbling across a Reddit post about this. It's the hexagons! Have to drag them around in the GL Routine settings. I'll give that a try.
    07-16-2016 06:43 PM
    ...OK, I just gave it a go, and I can't see how to make the backgrounds dark for notifications. Are we talking about different things here, or am I missing something?

If it matters, I'm using Nova Prime as my launcher. I do get the benefit of the still visible parts of the UI when I use a Samsung theme with Nova, though.
    I use nova prime/material black theme/good lock so that shouldn't be a problem, setting up good lock is not very intuitive imho and I have had problems setting it up myself

Set up a routine, pick your colors (my hexagons are arranged left to right black-light grey-white-dark gray), everything on in good lock advanced settings is on except silent with volume down key

There are also some vids on youtube talking about good lock that are helpful , just search for most recent because I believe that last update was the first week of July
    KPMcClave likes this.
    07-16-2016 06:59 PM
    I use nova prime/material black theme/good lock so that shouldn't be a problem, setting up good lock is not very intuitive imho and I have had problems setting it up myself

Set up a routine, pick your colors (my hexagons are arranged left to right black-light grey-white-dark gray), everything on in good lock advanced settings is on except silent with volume down key

There are also some vids on youtube talking about good lock that are helpful , just search for most recent because I believe that last update was the first week of July
    Thanks for the heads up and the help, Jazz. I was able to figure out the notifications in Good Lock. As much as I want the dark notifications, I really didn't like the lock screen. At least I now know I can darken the notifications if I choose. I'll keep an eye on Good Lock for future update I may like better.

If anyone knows of other options for doing this, feel free to chime in.
    jazz70 likes this.
    07-16-2016 11:52 PM