Does Samsung LED wallet/folio case drain the battery?

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Was given the LED folio/wallet as a gift and it's an adequate cover. The LED function isn't really helpful, but it's slim, offers nice protection. However, this morning I awoke to find 10 percent of the battery depleted over about 6-1/2 hours of sleep. That's abnormal. Only difference was the LED folio/wallet case having been applied. Anybody else familiar with battery drain using this case? It'll be removed if so. Thanks.

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't seem too bad. I thought about getting one myself.
Is your display set to be on all the time?

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't seem too bad. I thought about getting one myself.
Is your display set to be on all the time?

Nope, I don't use the Always on Display. Before using the case, I would lose anywhere from 5-to-8 overnight. Two straight nights having it and I lost 10 and last night 11.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Nope, I don't use the Always on Display. Before using the case, I would lose anywhere from 5-to-8 overnight. Two straight nights having it and I lost 10 and last night 11.
But doesn't the LED emulate the always on display with lights showing the time? So I think the additional battery loss you see is obviously expected.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
But doesn't the LED emulate the always on display with lights showing the time? So I think the additional battery loss you see is obviously expected.

No, it only shows the time when the cover is first closed, and for about four seconds. It's not constantly displayed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol