I know this has probably been discussed before, but everyday you hear something else

I use to, still do, charge my phone overnight.
    Plug it in when I go to bed and unplug when I wake up in the morning.

Now I read an article saying you put your battery under a huge amount of strain doing this.
    You should rather top up during the day when needed and not charge overnight.

So which is best now, cause now I'm confused
    I have never really had any problems with my phone's batteries in the past, charging them overnight, but then again, I hardly ever keep a phone for 2 years before I replace it, however, I have to keep my S7 Edge for 2 years and don't want to mess up my battery by charging it the wrong way

Help please..... Thanks
    07-20-2016 06:46 AM
    Depends on what you want to achieve. Normally though leaving it on charge won't harm the battery, unless for some reason the phone is heating up when you do so.
    07-20-2016 06:55 AM
    No, I have never really felt that is hot or too hot when unplugging it in the morning. The article stated that you can compare it to your muscles after a good work out, if you leave it on charge, you strain it the whole time, but if you unplug it when it's fully charged, it's like relaxing your muscles after a hard work out... oh well... I will just continue doing what I'm doing... hopefully all will be ok and I don't do damage to my battery
    Thanks a stack
    07-20-2016 07:21 AM
    My phone only gets hot charging using fast charging

On wireless it's fine but does get very warm when charging with cable
    07-20-2016 09:08 AM