I know that the knox efuse would be tripped and the limited warranty is immediately void. However, would Samsung still perform repairs on the device at a cost(money)? Can we pay them to get the motherboard replaced thus getting the knox service back? Or if the device is hard bricked due to improper rooting, will they still perform software repairs on the device at a cost?
    07-22-2016 10:58 AM
    Samsung will most likely repair any issue you have, but you will pay (a lot) out of pocket. As for whether or not you get back a phone with the efuse reset... that... I have no idea.
    07-22-2016 12:03 PM
    I know that the knox efuse would be tripped and the limited warranty is immediately void. However, would Samsung still perform repairs on the device at a cost(money)? Can we pay them to get the motherboard replaced thus getting the knox service back? Or if the device is hard bricked due to improper rooting, will they still perform software repairs on the device at a cost?
    Like LeoRex said, they'll do it, just usually more expensive than other repair shops. Also, for 'hard bricked' phones, you might want to try BestBuys first (on their Samsung areas). They usually have 'flashing' machines that can attempt to restore your phone to factory state and they do it for free (just bear in mind this might not work and might not bring your device back to life, but it's something I'd try first).
    07-22-2016 01:43 PM
    those efuses might survive a factory reflash... If they didn't, I would think they were pretty much useless.
    07-22-2016 02:19 PM
    Oh, yeah, but I meant to re-flash software on a 'bricked' device. Once the fuse is gone, it's gone for good.
    07-22-2016 02:44 PM
    Yeah... You'll get working phone, just one with a voided warranty.
    07-23-2016 02:36 AM