This is my first edge device and I decided to get a case with it. After a day the case is annoying the crap out of me. This is the first phone I've had to take the case off the top and bottom. Can removing a hard snap on case bend/flex the device or damage it
    07-23-2016 04:13 PM
    I would doubt that you do any real damage. But having said that, why keep installing and removing the case that you don't like? I'd suggest that you keep it in the case while you look for something better for your needs. At least the phone is protected while you search. I've shopped several cases for my now week-old Edge, and all of them tend to fit differently than the cases (both light and heavy) for my other devices. It may have something to do with the shape of the corners and the case having to grab at least a piece of the curved edges to stay on the phone.

What case you you have? And how does it "annoy the crap out of" you?
    07-23-2016 04:45 PM
    I've never liked cases. I put it on when I bought the phone and this is the first time taking it off. I figured I should add some grip which is why I got the case. But it just doesn't feel as good in the hand and it's a superficial reason but I get tired of dust building up where the case borders the display. Just looks awful.
    07-23-2016 05:32 PM
    I've never liked cases. I put it on when I bought the phone and this is the first time taking it off. I figured I should add some grip which is why I got the case. But it just doesn't feel as good in the hand and it's a superficial reason but I get tired of dust building up where the case borders the display. Just looks awful.
    Have you tried a spigen?

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-23-2016 05:42 PM
    I have not. Though I'm not really looking for another case. Just wanted to get opinions on if the phone would be damaged. It's my understanding that the s7bans s7 edge have a pretty substantial aluminum frame. But still nice to hear feedback.
    07-23-2016 05:45 PM
    I found the Spigen tough case to be fantastic. Not bulky. Feels great.
    07-23-2016 09:49 PM
    If you just want grip and you're ok living with the risk, one way of getting rid of the slipperiness of the phone is getting a skin from dbrand or similar. I have a Seidio case I'm very happy with. It has a kickstand and is easy to remove.

MoshuXXL likes this.
    07-23-2016 10:07 PM
    I recommend this Crystal Bumper case from VRS design labs:

https://vrsdesign.com/collections/ga...crystal-bumper

Super happy with this one.

The phone is too thin and slippery for me. This case made it perfect in size, easy to gripe, with good all around protection.

I found this one from a YouTube review video, in which the reviewer compared like 50 cases and shortlisted to 10, and this one standed out for me.

07-24-2016 12:04 AM
    I have not. Though I'm not really looking for another case. Just wanted to get opinions on if the phone would be damaged. It's my understanding that the s7bans s7 edge have a pretty substantial aluminum frame. But still nice to hear feedback.
    Yeah I agree than case doesn't give original feel of the phone..I use at home without any case..but when out I put a transparent case with kick stand ... The phone does have metal frame but it's made mostly of glass...so a drop is certain angle can crack the glass of front or back...though I have been lucky at certain time when phone fell flat on the screen from chest height and screen dint crack...But when out I think a case is must..
    I also use lumia 950 which I used naked..just use mozo replacement back on it...

posted from Limited red and gold Lumia 950, Beautiful S7 Edge gold or Surface pro 4
    07-24-2016 01:24 AM
    Thank you everyone for the replies. It sounds like of the edge is built to anywhere near the quality of the s7 then I should be fine.
    07-24-2016 08:03 AM
    It should be able to take everyday wear and tear. I'm not talking drops onto asphalt or anything. Just the usually bumps and bruises a phone goes through
    07-24-2016 12:06 PM
    I agree with not really liking a case at all, but the added grip is nice. I also wanted something to protect the protruding camera on the back. I have a Galaxy S7 Edge Case, Spigen® [Neo Hybrid Crystal] PREMIUM BUMPER [Satin Silver] Clear TPU / PC Frame Slim Dual Layer Premium Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (2016) - (556CS20046) on mine that seems to be a good compromise. It offers a little bit of grip, it's clear (so my phone shows through), it doesn't get in the way of using the edge panel, and I have the edge protection that goes with a bumper. They also sell it with a black TPU that has a bit more grip.
    07-24-2016 12:42 PM
    2nd case I tried and it's already gone. This time went for a tech 21 case. Still prefer naked
    07-25-2016 09:36 PM
    I have the obliq clear case with the kickstand in the back and it's been awesome. Doesn't take away from the look of the phone, plus it isn't that thick and it protects the phone if and when dropped as I had accidentally dropped it with no damage to the phone

07-26-2016 08:54 AM