I've been using s7edge since April, battery life was so great for the last 3 months. Finally the June update messed up the battery life. I usually leave the phone 100% from 10pm and still get 50% untill next 10pm. I have Ez Package disabler installed. Location service turned off, screen brightness turned to 15%, basic bluetooth, NFC turned off, I have unlimited data, only occasional WIFI usage, Lots of Youtube videos and still got 50% left after whole 24hrs usage. After the June update, battery life is bad, Culprit is Kernel (Android OS), Android system, Phone gets so hot without any usage, 88 to 102F (Gsam monitor). I always kill all background apps. I also have a sd card, 64G. I did Factory reset twice, Tried to do wipe partition cache, it says E Mount Failed, multiple times. This is not a hardware problem, Cause the phone was fine before june update. Now from 7:30am at 100% to 6pm 40% battery left with a hot phone. Some will say that's not bad battery life, but for 3600 mah battery shouldn't drain like this, Please help, Thank you.
    07-26-2016 07:36 PM
    I've been using s7edge since April, battery life was so great for the last 3 months. Finally the June update messed up the battery life. I usually leave the phone 100% from 10pm and still get 50% untill next 10pm. I have Ez Package disabler installed. Location service turned off, screen brightness turned to 15%, basic bluetooth, NFC turned off, I have unlimited data, only occasional WIFI usage, Lots of Youtube videos and still got 50% left after whole 24hrs usage. After the June update, battery life is bad, Culprit is Kernel (Android OS), Android system, Phone gets so hot without any usage, 88 to 102F (Gsam monitor). I always kill all background apps. I also have a sd card, 64G. I did Factory reset twice, Tried to do wipe partition cache, it says E Mount Failed, multiple times. This is not a hardware problem, Cause the phone was fine before june update. Now from 7:30am at 100% to 6pm 40% battery left with a hot phone. Some will say that's not bad battery life, but for 3600 mah battery shouldn't drain like this, Please help, Thank you.
    What carrier? I as well have had horrible battery life since the June update. I'm on at&t
    07-26-2016 07:56 PM
    At&t. The apps that I use, Firefox, Whatsapp, youtube, play music, email, phone. Battery stats for all these apps are next to nothing.
    High usage as per Gsam
    Kernel (android os)
    Android system
    System (/system/bin/mediaserver)
    System(com.samsung.cmh.CMH)
    07-26-2016 09:30 PM
    Agreed. AT&T, too...
    07-26-2016 09:35 PM
    included processes for Kernel (Android OS)
    \init
    Kthreadd
    ksoftirqd/0
    kworker/u8:0
    rcu_sched
    migration/0
    migration/1
    ksoftirqd/1
    migration/2
    ksoftirqd/2
    migration/3
    ksoftirqd/3
    msm_watchdog
    smem_native_rpm
    irq/113-cpr3
    kworker/u8:3
    irq/271-max7785
    system
    camera_preview
    and the list goes on
    07-26-2016 09:42 PM
    Agreed. AT&T, too...
    This sucks!! Cmon at&t let's get July update already before the month ends!

Doesn't seem like there is anything we can do about the battery right now.
    07-27-2016 11:19 AM
    At&t. The apps that I use, Firefox, Whatsapp, youtube, play music, email, phone. Battery stats for all these apps are next to nothing.
    High usage as per Gsam
    Kernel (android os)
    Android system
    System (/system/bin/mediaserver)
    System(com.samsung.cmh.CMH)
    Well here it is! great timing and hopefully it fixes this battery drain issue!

AT&T rolls out July 1 security patch, Wi-Fi calling for Galaxy S7 and S7 edge | Android Central
    07-27-2016 02:34 PM
    The july 1 security ota improved my battery life im att also. I've been testing it for 2 days now
    07-29-2016 06:55 PM
    Clear the cache from the recovery menu, Power off -> Vol up+Home button+Power-> wait for it -> Format Cache Partition-> yes-> Reboot now. Then give it a couple days as it builds all the cache it needs and which takes power, then its back to normal.
    07-30-2016 06:10 AM
    My battery life went back to normal after july update with Att, Hopefully it stays the same like I mentioned on the other thread.
    Lesson learned, never update the phone next time, unless it makes a huge change, Thanks everyone for all the help.
    07-30-2016 07:31 PM
    My battery has been rotten since June too but I'm not on AT&T, I'm in the UK with an unlocked phone. It used to go from 100% at night to 97% in the morning, since June it goes from 100% to 75%. Cell Standby is the top user of power.

Now, people may say it's due to the signal not being strong enough, blah blah but I have a Nexus 4 that's what, 3 and half, nearly 4 years old? It's on exactly the same deal, with the same carrier and if I lie that next to my S7 Edge over night, the S7 used 25% and the Nexus uses about 4%.

So there's some crap issue with the Samsung that happened after June.

I've been in touch with their support who suggested doing the clear cache from the recovery menu thing but that has not changed the battery usage.

A brand new, top of the line smart phone getting owned by a 4 year old phone doesn't make great headlines.
    07-31-2016 01:14 PM
    Hello All,

Samsung Note 5 (no external SD card)
    Couple of days I was experiencing very fast battery discharge. Checked with "Gsam battery monitor". Findings were system/bin/madiaserver took 20-50% of my battery. Start looking how to fix it, everything backed up, so deleted almost everything(music, video, photos, documents), done cleaning of catches via reboot menu, just haven't done factory reset. And guess what, it didn't help. Still same thing was draining the battery. No logic, it should sort media files, but there wasn't any. Ok maybe it still have to recheck everything after deleting, but even after a day was the same.

Found problem into a messages.

"failed to download attachment from multimedia message"

One damm mms message with few kb photo inside were causing it, phone were trying to download or open or god knows what to do with it all the time. There was some fault, or maybe even virus in it, It always fails to download and open.

After that cleaned my all messages aswell.

Now I know that drain my battery( facebook, screen and other usual stuff )

Maybe it will help someone.
    09-01-2016 07:17 AM