08-18-2016 12:25 PM
68 123
tools
    Checked for mine last night and now I have to wait 24 hours to check again is there a work around for that? I need WiFi calling at my work and would love to check out Advanced Messaging.
    go into settings > date and time > set manually, and change it up 1 day advance. then check again.

Once you download the update you can go back to automatic date and time.
    07-28-2016 11:41 AM
    Thanks!
    07-28-2016 11:52 AM
    My phone still isn't showing even if I manually check for the update. Anyone else? Why could this be happening? Do they do the updates in waves?
    07-28-2016 12:20 PM
    You can go into settings -> Date and Time -> set manually and set the date one day ahead. Don't forget to set it back on auto when you are done.
    That's awesome! I'll have to try that next time. Thanks man. I got it when I woke up today.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-28-2016 01:27 PM
    My phone still isn't showing even if I manually check for the update. Anyone else? Why could this be happening? Do they do the updates in waves?
    Yes
    07-28-2016 02:15 PM
    Just got the notification for the update, looking forward to trying the wifi calling
    07-28-2016 03:18 PM
    Anybody else notice that the "always on" display now comes on at different positions on the screen? Sometimes towards top, sometimes towards middle, etc. Or did I miss this before and update had nothing to do with this? Ha.

Posted via the Android Central App - AT&T S7 Edge
    07-29-2016 07:29 PM
    Anybody else notice that the "always on" display now comes on at different positions on the screen? Sometimes towards top, sometimes towards middle, etc. Or did I miss this before and update had nothing to do with this? Ha.

Posted via the Android Central App - AT&T S7 Edge
    That's always been that way , it does it randomly.
    07-29-2016 07:31 PM
    Yep download this am..wifi calling and something to do with camera trying to figure out what.
    07-30-2016 03:20 PM
    I had horrible battery life with att june update. I did the july update for Att with wifi calling and for the last 3 days the battery life went back to normal. Also the phone doesn't get hot like it did with june update, very happy so far. Hopefully it stays the same.
    MaryS910 likes this.
    07-30-2016 07:27 PM
    Still waiting on mine...not sure what's taking so long...
    07-31-2016 06:31 AM
    I had horrible battery life with att june update. I did the july update for Att with wifi calling and for the last 3 days the battery life went back to normal. Also the phone doesn't get hot like it did with june update, very happy so far. Hopefully it stays the same.
    I agree, so happy the update fixed the battery life bc the June update literally killed my battery life and I was so unhappy. Now I am afraid to update in the future bc of how good my battery life is now.
    07-31-2016 07:12 AM
    Have a quick question about this Update and the AT&T WiFi Calling. If you have unlimited Talk and Text, why would you use it? I understand how to use it and if you don't have the Unlimited Talk&Text, then yes I would say to use it, but other wise why use your WiFi to talk? Isn't the 4G a better medium? I am just curious, I mean I have it turned on but isn't it using up memory while running?
    MaryS910 likes this.
    07-31-2016 07:26 AM
    Have a quick question about this Update and the AT&T WiFi Calling. If you have unlimited Talk and Text, why would you use it? I understand how to use it and if you don't have the Unlimited Talk&Text, then yes I would say to use it, but other wise why use your WiFi to talk? Isn't the 4G a better medium? I am just curious, I mean I have it turned on but isn't it using up memory while running?
    Wifi calling is basically like if your network bar signal is way to low the wifi calling switches on and get stronger signal , so no harm done if leave it on, doesn't drain battery either.
    07-31-2016 07:31 AM
    It's mostly for people with bad service in certain areas. It doesn't have anything to do with using minutes or texts as they still get used when talking on wifi.
    07-31-2016 07:33 AM
    Wifi calling is basically like if your network bar signal is way to low the wifi calling switches on and get stronger signal , so no harm done if leave it on, doesn't drain battery either.
    Thank you and that make perfect sense as I DO have a very low network bar and this will help me at least. Never thought about that. Glad to know it doesn't drain the battery also.

Thanks again for the quick reply.
    Ruben Ocasio likes this.
    07-31-2016 07:35 AM
    It's mostly for people with bad service in certain areas. It doesn't have anything to do with using minutes or texts as they still get used when talking on wifi.
    Thank you also for the Quick reply. Both of you're replies are very helpful.
    Jtshurtleff and Ruben Ocasio like this.
    07-31-2016 07:37 AM
    Some time back I was having trouble with my microcell and asked when we'd be getting wifi calling. The rep (who was very helpful and sent me a new microcell free) said that she couldn't wait for all the phones to get wifi calling, as it will let them do away with the microcell.
    07-31-2016 02:30 PM
    I'm seeking clarification on a couple of issues regarding Wi-Fi calling (I just received and installed AT&T's update today):

1. On my phone, Wi-Fi calling will not work when in airplane mode (turning off carrier data connection) with Wi-Fi turned on. I'm prompted to take the phone out of airplane mode, hence restarting the data connection, when I try to place a call through Wi-Fi. I know I've read that the Wi-Fi calling feature will kick in when the phone realizes the data connection is poor/nonexistent, but why am I not able to make calls through Wi-Fi when I choose to?

2. Does the Wi-Fi calling update allow for texts to be sent through Wi-Fi, as well? Under the circumstances described above (data turned off, Wi-Fi turned on), texts will not send or be received. Does the Wi-Fi calling feature ever allow for Wi-Fi texting or, if not, can this be performed by downloading a third-party app like Textra? I have no reception at work and have to walk outside to retrieve calls and messages, but I can connect to a strong Wi-Fi network.
    07-31-2016 06:37 PM
    So... I am curious. How is WiFi calling working out for those of you who have had some time to test it? .
    07-31-2016 06:40 PM
    Wifi calling works fine here with no issues at all.
    07-31-2016 06:42 PM
    Anyone else having an issue with the font size in their text messages? The font got smaller so I'll enlarge it but when I exit the thread and go back into it, they've shrunk back down again. Not even changing the font size in the settings works.
    07-31-2016 07:43 PM
    Go to settings in message see here.

07-31-2016 07:47 PM
    Anyone else having an issue with the font size in their text messages? The font got smaller so I'll enlarge it but when I exit the thread and go back into it, they've shrunk back down again. Not even changing the font size in the settings works.
    I had the same problem. Go to messages > more > font size. Set it and make sure to press Done, upper right corner.
    I still can't find the size I like, either too big or too small.

Yea! Heavy And A Bottle Of Bread
    07-31-2016 09:09 PM
    Thanks guys, that solved the problem! But now when using the Swiftkey keyboard the font is huge, the keys on the keyboard are fine it's the font of what's being typed. It's way too big. Anyone know how to fix that?
    08-01-2016 12:10 AM
68 123