08-18-2016 12:25 PM
68 123
tools
    Update: I tried using Wi-Fi calling today at work where I get zero data signal and it did not work. On one occasion, I got the error message "emergency calls only" and on two other occasions nothing happened-no error message, no ringing, no disconnection, just silence.
    08-01-2016 04:12 PM
    Update: I tried using Wi-Fi calling today at work where I get zero data signal and it did not work. On one occasion, I got the error message "emergency calls only" and on two other occasions nothing happened-no error message, no ringing, no disconnection, just silence.
    Did you have the wifi icon with the plus? It could be a possibility that your network team blocks the UDP packets needed for wifi calling. I know we do to prevent against unnecessary network traffic.
    08-01-2016 05:46 PM
    Did you have the wifi icon with the plus? It could be a possibility that your network team blocks the UDP packets needed for wifi calling. I know we do to prevent against unnecessary network traffic.
    It's possible hes has that issue here's how it should look if wifi calling gets used.

As you see the wifi calling icon has the H and when you go to the dialer phone icon and Video Call icon changes.
    08-01-2016 06:20 PM
    No, the Wi-Fi icon with the plus never came up. It's very possible the hospital I work for blocks necessary components for these calls, which is disappointing because that was the one place I could really use the feature. Thank you for your reply!

UPDATE: I just got off the phone with IT at my worksite and they were not aware of anything that could be blocking me from using their Wi-Fi to call. I guess calling AT&T about this and my previous questions (on page two of this thread) is in order, but I'm not holding out much faith they'll have information for me.
    08-02-2016 10:31 AM
    No, the Wi-Fi icon with the plus never came up. It's very possible the hospital I work for blocks necessary components for these calls, which is disappointing because that was the one place I could really use the feature. Thank you for your reply!

UPDATE: I just got off the phone with IT at my worksite and they were not aware of anything that could be blocking me from using their Wi-Fi to call. I guess calling AT&T about this and my previous questions (on page two of this thread) is in order, but I'm not holding out much faith they'll have information for me.
    Definitely not having the icon would tell you that you're not connected to make wifi calling. I work for a hospital IT department and the technical staff may not be aware which ports are blocked, unless you spoke to a net admin. We close all ports that are not necessary for day to day operations. Ask them to check on port UDP 4500.
    08-02-2016 02:55 PM
    Thanks guys, that solved the problem! But now when using the Swiftkey keyboard the font is huge, the keys on the keyboard are fine it's the font of what's being typed. It's way too big. Anyone know how to fix that?
    The font sizes pissed me off so bad that I switched over to Google messenger. I love the stock messages app but whatever they did with the font size is really annoying. It's either too large or its too small. When typing in the message field the font is huge like you said, not sure if there is a fix.

AT&T also softened the vibration intensity when you press the capacitive buttons which I happened to like the max intensity.
    08-03-2016 01:11 PM
    Anyone noticing high cell standby usage in the battery monitor after enabling WiFi calling?
    08-03-2016 01:20 PM
    No issues here get about 7hrs SOT .
    08-03-2016 01:31 PM
    Since this update my fingerprint reader is jacked. If it doesn't read correctly the first time it doesn't read again at all. I have to type in my pin.
    08-03-2016 07:34 PM
    My Wi-Fi calling suddenly started kicking in at home last night and worked today at work. I wound up disabling mobile data through the myAT&T app last night to ensure it was totally turned off so I could try forcing Wi-Fi calling since my phone would still send calls over mobile data even though I had switched it off in phone settings. I didn't notice Wi-Fi calling working at that point, so I switched mobile data back on. I don't know if that process triggered something, but all seems to be working properly since. I've also been able to resolve my other question from page two of this thread-text messages do transmit over Wi-Fi.
    08-03-2016 11:48 PM
    With this update also came Enhanced Messaging. Has anyone noticed a HIGH rate of MMS failing? My brother and I both got this update, and since then, we have had A LOT of photos fail to send, or they send but the recipient doesnt get anything but a white box with a ! thru it
    08-04-2016 01:19 AM
    With this update also came Enhanced Messaging. Has anyone noticed a HIGH rate of MMS failing? My brother and I both got this update, and since then, we have had A LOT of photos fail to send, or they send but the recipient doesnt get anything but a white box with a ! thru it
    Is the enhanced messaging only through the stock messaging app? I am assuming yes.
    08-06-2016 02:58 PM
    yeah I want to be able to use the added features with the stock app
    08-07-2016 12:55 AM
    Seems like my battery was good for a week or two and now it's back to the usual not so great battery life, bummer
    08-13-2016 03:03 PM
    My wife's phone is not picking up this update? I tried changing the date etc but phone just not getting the OTA
    08-17-2016 02:44 PM
    I agree I am

Anyone noticing high cell standby usage in the battery monitor after enabling WiFi calling?
    08-17-2016 02:47 PM
    My wife's phone is not picking up this update? I tried changing the date etc but phone just not getting the OTA
    I ended up having to go to Best Buy and having the the Samsung rep and they did a force update. It's worked and I'm all up today.
    08-17-2016 03:55 PM
    She has encryption on may be this is causing the problem
    08-18-2016 12:25 PM
68 123