AT&T WiFi Calling update

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Hope I get it soon. Tried checking for it and now I can't check again for 23 hours.

Posted via the Android Central App

You can go into settings -> Date and Time -> set manually and set the date one day ahead. Don't forget to set it back on auto when you are done.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Checked for mine last night and now I have to wait 24 hours to check again :( is there a work around for that? I need WiFi calling at my work and would love to check out Advanced Messaging.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I did the update yesterday and my battery life took a huge hit the rest of the day. I cleared the cache, turned off wifi calling and hopefully it will return to where it was before the update. I was getting very good battery life.

I like the condensed scaling. It was always an option through Nova. It is nice that it was made easier through a setting, though.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Checked for mine last night and now I have to wait 24 hours to check again :( is there a work around for that? I need WiFi calling at my work and would love to check out Advanced Messaging.

go into settings > date and time > set manually, and change it up 1 day advance. then check again.

Once you download the update you can go back to automatic date and time.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My phone still isn't showing even if I manually check for the update. Anyone else? Why could this be happening? Do they do the updates in waves?

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
You can go into settings -> Date and Time -> set manually and set the date one day ahead. Don't forget to set it back on auto when you are done.

That's awesome! I'll have to try that next time. Thanks man. I got it when I woke up today.

Posted via the Android Central App

konvajw

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Anybody else notice that the "always on" display now comes on at different positions on the screen? Sometimes towards top, sometimes towards middle, etc. Or did I miss this before and update had nothing to do with this? Ha.

Posted via the Android Central App - AT&T S7 Edge

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Anybody else notice that the "always on" display now comes on at different positions on the screen? Sometimes towards top, sometimes towards middle, etc. Or did I miss this before and update had nothing to do with this? Ha.

Posted via the Android Central App - AT&T S7 Edge
That's always been that way , it does it randomly.

Edges7

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
I had horrible battery life with att june update. I did the july update for Att with wifi calling and for the last 3 days the battery life went back to normal. Also the phone doesn't get hot like it did with june update, very happy so far. Hopefully it stays the same.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I had horrible battery life with att june update. I did the july update for Att with wifi calling and for the last 3 days the battery life went back to normal. Also the phone doesn't get hot like it did with june update, very happy so far. Hopefully it stays the same.
I agree, so happy the update fixed the battery life bc the June update literally killed my battery life and I was so unhappy. Now I am afraid to update in the future bc of how good my battery life is now.

freeop

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Have a quick question about this Update and the AT&T WiFi Calling. If you have unlimited Talk and Text, why would you use it? I understand how to use it and if you don't have the Unlimited Talk&Text, then yes I would say to use it, but other wise why use your WiFi to talk? Isn't the 4G a better medium? I am just curious, I mean I have it turned on but isn't it using up memory while running?

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Have a quick question about this Update and the AT&T WiFi Calling. If you have unlimited Talk and Text, why would you use it? I understand how to use it and if you don't have the Unlimited Talk&Text, then yes I would say to use it, but other wise why use your WiFi to talk? Isn't the 4G a better medium? I am just curious, I mean I have it turned on but isn't it using up memory while running?
Wifi calling is basically like if your network bar signal is way to low the wifi calling switches on and get stronger signal , so no harm done if leave it on, doesn't drain battery either.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's mostly for people with bad service in certain areas. It doesn't have anything to do with using minutes or texts as they still get used when talking on wifi.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital