S7 edge- upper microphone hole

A

AC Question

So I received my new S7 edge in the post yesterday and as I was setting it up in my half lit living room I accidentally poked the microphone slot with the sim card tool, I didn't feel anything poke through or break, but I was wondering if anyone could confirm a couple of things for me. Is the microphone not directly below the hole, and slightly to the side and in an 'L' shape? I've read this on a couple of other posts and it was mentioned by a few people, also will this have damaged the water resistance? Just slightly anxious that I've damaged the phone after having it for 5 minutes.

Thank You

bullittmustang

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
So I received my new S7 edge in the post yesterday and as I was setting it up in my half lit living room I accidentally poked the microphone slot with the sim card tool, I didn't feel anything poke through or break, but I was wondering if anyone could confirm a couple of things for me. Is the microphone not directly below the hole, and slightly to the side and in an 'L' shape? I've read this on a couple of other posts and it was mentioned by a few people, also will this have damaged the water resistance? Just slightly anxious that I've damaged the phone after having it for 5 minutes.

Thank You
I did the same thing when I first got my phone back in April. It has been fine so far. I also read that it is not straight down it is an L shape. You can test the function of the upper microphone by using the voice recorder app and putting it in interview mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678