Every time I click on an app today it is bringing up a message that I need to turn off screen overlay first when I click on it it brings up a list of apps I have turned all of them to off but still had no joy all day i have had this problem I honestly don't know what to do to get my phone to work again and dont understand why this has started happening but I can't use the apps untill this has been turned off please can anyone help me sort this problem out many thanks to all in advance
    07-30-2016 03:04 PM
    Mod Note, I will move this to the s7 edge forum for more visibility
    07-30-2016 03:12 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Take a look at this thread for possible solutions.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=657947
    Odd "screen overlay" pop up shows up often with some apps, what is it and how to properly select it?
    07-31-2016 09:45 AM
    Hi I have same issue and got luck today the overlay screen issue is solved on my s7edge I uninstalled the CM app. If you have clean master app (cm) try to uninstall it.
    ToddK likes this.
    08-07-2016 12:14 PM
    Swipe home app is also causing this for me since update. It seems a lot of my permissions were turned off some how and you can't re enable then unless you turn off the app that is causing the over lay.
    08-10-2016 05:49 PM
    Hi I have same issue and got luck today the overlay screen issue is solved on my s7edge I uninstalled the CM app. If you have clean master app (cm) try to uninstall it.
    It's good to hear that you found an answer. I've read that it's more than just uninstalling the app though. Most recommendations have included clearing the app cache followed by rebooting the phone.
    08-10-2016 05:59 PM
    Every time I click on an app today it is bringing up a message that I need to turn off screen overlay first when I click on it it brings up a list of apps I have turned all of them to off but still had no joy all day i have had this problem I honestly don't know what to do to get my phone to work again and dont understand why this has started happening but I can't use the apps untill this has been turned off please can anyone help me sort this problem out many thanks to all in advance
    09-29-2016 08:56 AM
    I uninstaled clean master ( dunno how it got there in the first place) and was able to complete my privacy settings. All is good in the world again.
    09-29-2016 08:58 AM
    Hi there,
    thnx fr sharing. Been looking for an answer for my s7edge. Deleting CM app helped me as well..
    10-05-2016 08:41 AM
    It's good to hear that you found an answer. I've read that it's more than just uninstalling the app though. Most recommendations have included clearing the app cache followed by rebooting the phone.
    Unfortunately that did not help
    10-09-2016 08:01 AM
    I don't have CM but still face the issue.
    10-09-2016 08:03 AM
    Problem resolved after I removed DU Battery Saver. I also removed CCleaner. I was also able to allow access to CONTACTS on Whatsapp and now I have names instead of numbers. Credit goes to the guy who gave the info on utube.
    10-09-2016 11:01 AM
    Not so long ago, Android was such a mess that those type of apps generally performed a useful function. Android is a lot better now at managing resources. With a few exceptions, most management functions (power, memory, applications management, etc) can normally be left to the OS for those of us who are not power users.
    ekendraed likes this.
    10-09-2016 11:23 AM