AT&T galaxy S7 edge Bluetooth issues after update

willardcw4

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

My AT&T S7 edge downloaded the most recent update a few days ago. This is my current build:

Screenshot_20160731-101241.jpg

Ever since my phone updated, my bluetooth is sporadic at best. Often times, as soon as I toggle it on, it immediately toggles off. Sometimes it will be on, connected to a device, and randomly shut off. I force stopped Bluetooth Share and cleared the cache multiple times and have done several power cycles over the last few days.

My wifi seems to be working perfectly, but I know there have been some issues in the past where users had connected issues with wifi/bluetooth functionality.

Anyone have any ideas? I don't want to factory reset if I can help it =\

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you say you cleared the cache, do you mean the app cache for Bluetooth, or the system cache partition?

willardcw4

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
When you say you cleared the cache, do you mean the app cache for Bluetooth, or the system cache partition?

I cleared the app cache for Bluetooth Share in my app manager.

I noticed one instance earlier where bluetooth wouldn't stay turned on (immediately toggled off after I toggled it on), drove off from my house (so I wasn't connected to a wifi network anymore), and then bluetooth stayed toggled on the next time I tried. I can't replicate this again, so it might just be coincidence =\

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Spotty Bluetooth does seem to be a somewhat common issue with some recent Samsung updates. You could try reinstalling the firmware using Samsung Smart Switch, in case something in the firmware itself corrupted during the update--but if the problem persists after a firmware update, then it's presumably a bug in the update itself.

willardcw4

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Spotty Bluetooth does seem to be a somewhat common issue with some recent Samsung updates. You could try reinstalling the firmware using Samsung Smart Switch, in case something in the firmware itself corrupted during the update--but if the problem persists after a firmware update, then it's presumably a bug in the update itself.

I got into Smart Switch but I'm not sure how to just reinstall the firmware. Seems to be a method of moving data from one device to another, and not repair or reinstall my current device. Can you be more specific or give me a link?

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you in the US and near a Best Buy? If so, bring the phone to the Samsung store there and ask them to reflash the firmware.

willardcw4

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Are you in the US and near a Best Buy? If so, bring the phone to the Samsung store there and ask them to reflash the firmware.

Well, the tech at the samsung store in best buy did the same things I've tried - needless to say, no joy. Worked for about 4 hours, now issues again. She said they can't flash or reinstall the firmware, factory reset is the best I can do. :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. I wonder why they can't reinstall the firmware? This is a US model, not an international one, right? You called it an AT&T S7 edge, so I assume it's US.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18