08-17-2016 09:14 PM
77 1234
tools
    So buy it and stop bothering us with your sales pitch. You think people were forced into buying the S7 Edge?
    Chill out -- he is allowed to ask questions just like anyone else .
    08-05-2016 11:38 AM
    Chill out -- he is allowed to ask questions just like anyone else .
    Lol, no kidding. That's what this forum is for.

I think that Samsung has done such a great job on the S7 edge, there's not as much incentive to get the Note series. It really depends on how much you need the S-pen, which in my case, is zero.

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge
    08-05-2016 06:33 PM
    Thinking it's time to move on from my 4 years of exclusively using Nexus devices and have enjoyed points and counterpoints from this thread.

One thing I think bears consideration is the promotional inclusion of a 256gb card with the n7... I don't anticipate I'd use the stylus much, so would lean towards the s7e, but I could opt to sell that card for probably around $150 pretty easily making the n7 actually considerably less expensive. Thoughts?
    08-05-2016 07:24 PM
    The Note7 may offer slight advantages to the S7E, but that would only be significant if you were used to the Note features (S-pen). If not, the S7E is a great option.

For me, I have an S7E and I don't want/need to waste money on a Note7 given that I don't use the features it offers over the S7E. I had a Note4 and didn't use any of the note-specific stuff after the first week.
    08-06-2016 01:44 PM
    The only reason I would want a Note 7 over my S7e would be if the Note 7 had the new Grace UX exclusively.

Posted via my Black S7 Edge
    08-06-2016 02:43 PM
    I just can't believe Samsung would make a larger phone with a smaller battery. It is something apple is notorious for = not making any sense!

I did hear that it can be due to the s-pen taking up some internal space, but the note series was always known to have the biggest and best battery.
    08-06-2016 02:48 PM
    I think it would have been wise to make the Note a little thicker and add a battery equal to or slightly larger than the S7 edge, but what do I know? 😕

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge
    08-06-2016 04:21 PM
    New to Android and have a S7 Edge being delivered today but thinking of returning it.

Based on the slightly updated specs of the Note 7 e.g gorilla 5, slightly larger screen, USB-C and the overall size has been shrunk down to be similar to that of the Edge why wouldn't someone go for the N7 over the Edge even if you never use the spen?

For an upgrade I don't see what the benefit of having the Edge is now when you can get the Note?
    I'm personally not a fan of USB C. Not easy to find good cables.

And the S7 edge is still a great phone. The note 7 is basically a s7 edge with an spen.

I plan to get a note 7 but I always get the notes. I like the spen and miss it. I got this phone because my note 5 crapped out.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-06-2016 11:03 PM
    I'm personally not a fan of USB C. Not easy to find good cables.

And the S7 edge is still a great phone. The note 7 is basically a s7 edge with an spen.

I plan to get a note 7 but I always get the notes. I like the spen and miss it. I got this phone because my note 5 crapped out.

It is pretty easy to find good USB-C cables. I find them easily on Amazon.
    08-07-2016 02:24 AM
    Even the good ones don't do what they're supposed to sometimes though. I've bought Anker A to C cables that can't charge devices so I'm still stuck with the one that came in the box as the only option.

Micro USB just works.
    08-07-2016 04:36 AM
    Not everyone is in the US. I know USB-C is difficult to find here in my country.
    08-07-2016 07:06 AM
    Simply because, after owning the note 2&4,i really never used the spen. And i dont want added bulk.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-07-2016 07:15 AM
    Not everyone is in the US. I know USB-C is difficult to find here in my country.
    Very true. I know deadpixel (or well if I am recalling correctly) is though.
    08-07-2016 04:37 PM
    Probably already mentioned, but "the edge" screens are what I don't like. Now that it's a feature on the Note 7, I see no reason to dump my S7E.
    I really hoped this was just a fad...but it might be my last Samsung device
    08-07-2016 09:19 PM
    Probably already mentioned, but "the edge" screens are what I don't like. Now that it's a feature on the Note 7, I see no reason to dump my S7E.
    I really hoped this was just a fad...but it might be my last Samsung device
    I agree with you, I dont like the edge screen either. Went to the regular s7 and loved it but the battery was not lasting me long enough so I went back to the edge. I think Samsung is going to stick with the edge screens unfortunately. It's not comfy in the hand, and makes one handed usability very difficult. I also miss have a bezel on the sides, don't like the edge to edge display.
    KPMcClave and tracypagedotnet like this.
    08-07-2016 09:26 PM
    5.5 inches is the max screen size for me.
    08-13-2016 03:08 AM
    If you really need the spen or all the other productivity features that the note offers, it may be a good option for you. But after having the note 2, and note 4 ,I realized that I wasn't using the spen, and was tired of the bulk. So I'm staying with the S7 edge. Perfect size, and battery lasts all day plus.

Alan Sims and briannamarie91 like this.
    08-13-2016 06:00 AM
    If you really need the spen or all the other productivity features that the note offers, it may be a good option for you. But after having the note 2, and note 4 ,I realized that I wasn't using the spen, and was tired of the bulk. So I'm staying with the S7 edge. Perfect size, and battery lasts all day plus.

I am exactly the same. I had the original note, the note 3 and then the note 4. I love the large display but I don't use the s pen and don't like the bulk. The S7 edge has all the real estate but not the bulk.

Posted from my pink gold S7 edge
    Alan Sims likes this.
    08-13-2016 08:22 AM
    Keep in the mind price $100 MORE for just an iris scanner and S Pen features and 64gb that's it when you can get a new S7 Edge for 100 or less depending were you buy it
    08-14-2016 02:17 PM
    I had a Note 3 before and it was way better then the S4 that's why I got the Note over the S4. The S7 edge vs Note 7 on the other hand, there's nothing better in specs, battery or upgrade from the S phone.
    08-14-2016 02:20 PM
    Keep in the mind price $100 MORE for just an iris scanner and S Pen features and 64gb that's it when you can get a new S7 Edge for 100 or less depending were you buy it
    And more internal storage, and Gorilla Glass 5, and a larger screen, and an improved theme engine that allows you to just use the icons or the wallpaper from a theme without without using the whole thing.

08-14-2016 04:54 PM
    I am one of 3 people that hate styluses. I like using my meaty sausage fingers on the screen.
    08-17-2016 12:23 PM
    .....this note just doesn't speak to me. The Note used to be so much superior to the S series, but no so much anymore.
    yup yup, 100% agree... (S7 Edge Owner & Samsung loyalist here).... when i was @ Best Buy & comparing the black one(kinda plastic-y look & feel if u ask me) to my WHITE Int'l Version S7E, it DID speak to me.. it said "move on, nothing to see here!" lol

i admit i was REALLY disappointed that i didn't get that, "omg! i have GOT to have this phone NOW" feeling as i have with EVERY Single Note before it but i am sure that is due to HOW GREAT my S7 E is, not that the Note is a disappointment....

Now if they would've made it a 6 inch note in a 5.5 inch form factor, that'd of been a whole 'nother story : )

BTC
    08-17-2016 06:20 PM
    I agree with you, I dont like the edge screen either. Went to the regular s7 and loved it but the battery was not lasting me long enough so I went back to the edge. I think Samsung is going to stick with the edge screens unfortunately. It's not comfy in the hand, and makes one handed usability very difficult. I also miss have a bezel on the sides, don't like the edge to edge display.
    The Note 7 is VERY comfortable in the hands, which bodes well for future edge screens
    08-17-2016 07:13 PM
    The Note 7 is VERY comfortable in the hands, which bodes well for future edge screens
    Well hopefully they take the slightly less curve of the note 7 and add it to the s8 edge!
    KPMcClave likes this.
    08-17-2016 07:16 PM
77 1234