Unresponsive touch screen

sschimel

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
So I just upgraded my T-Mobile phone from a Note5 to an S7 Edge. I never had a screen problem with the Note5 but I frequently have a problem with the S7 Edge where nothing happens when I use a stylus or my finger on the touch screen. It never lasts more than a few seconds but it's mighty annoying on a new phone. Anyone else have this issue and is a there a way to fix it that doesn't require a hard reset?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
So I just upgraded my T-Mobile phone from a Note5 to an S7 Edge. I never had a screen problem with the Note5 but I frequently have a problem with the S7 Edge where nothing happens when I use a stylus or my finger on the touch screen. It never lasts more than a few seconds but it's mighty annoying on a new phone. Anyone else have this issue and is a there a way to fix it that doesn't require a hard reset?
Try clearing the cache via recovery first: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-25040#hardware

Note that the above link is directing you to factory reset - you don't have to do that. There will be a separate option to wipe cache partition, which is what you want to do. If that doesn't work then yes, try a factory reset. If still no improvement then you should return the device to T-Mobile and ask them to give you a replacement as you are having problems with it.