Made the switch

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
So i was using the HTC 10, and I just got the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and I am loving it. I have always been an avid Samsung user, had basically all the notes and galaxies and also a few tablets. I wanted to try something different but there is no other phone with this bright of a screen (which is a must when I'm walking the streets of Manhattan), or cool features. It's also the best looking phone on the market lol. Was wondering if anyone can recommend any good accessories, cases, etc. Also has anyone noticed battery drainage with Spotify (offline usage) I'm getting about the same battery usage as my HTC 10 and it's 6,000mah larger? Any battery tips are great too!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So i was using the HTC 10, and I just got the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and I am loving it. I have always been an avid Samsung user, had basically all the notes and galaxies and also a few tablets. I wanted to try something different but there is no other phone with this bright of a screen (which is a must when I'm walking the streets of Manhattan), or cool features. It's also the best looking phone on the market lol. Was wondering if anyone can recommend any good accessories, cases, etc. Also has anyone noticed battery drainage with Spotify (offline usage) I'm getting about the same battery usage as my HTC 10 and it's 6,000mah larger? Any battery tips are great too!
6000 larger? Huh?

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Screen brightness is a big battery drainer in my experience with this phone, but nothing that any other device doesn't deal with.

Tweak the Doze settings and make sure the apps you don't need always on are shut off or in auto, and don't forget about the battery saver mode. I turn it on when I know I'm going to be out and about for a long time.

Posted via the Android Central App

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Screen brightness is a big battery drainer in my experience with this phone, but nothing that any other device doesn't deal with.

Tweak the Doze settings and make sure the apps you don't need always on are shut off or in auto, and don't forget about the battery saver mode. I turn it on when I know I'm going to be out and about for a long time.

Posted via the Android Central App
I thought there weren't any settings for Doze. Doesn't it just run in the background automatically?

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

For protection, I recommend the GPEL 2nd Gen TGSP and the oem samsung leather case, if you're into thin-fit cases.

Then there is the Samsung fast wireless charger which is nice.

robpz16

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm making this same switch today after work: HTC 10 to the S7 Edge. I love the 10 but have the WiFi connectivity issue and it's killing me. So it goes back. Looking forward to the S7E. Do you prefer it to the 10?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm making this same switch today after work: HTC 10 to the S7 Edge. I love the 10 but have the WiFi connectivity issue and it's killing me. So it goes back. Looking forward to the S7E. Do you prefer it to the 10?

I got my S7E on launch date and it's simply the best phone I've owned and believe me, I've owned quite a few in recent years, most Flagships from all brands.

I got the HTC 10 on May, when it was released on T-Mobile and I liked it, the Boomsound over the headphones is something out of this world, but other than that, nothing else was outstanding for me, the Build is great if you are into that, but for me Metal or Crystal is not that important, I have to just like the design and handling no matter the material used, so it was a tie for me in that category.

I pre-ordered the Axon 7 to satisfy my Audio and metal build needs for half the price of the HTC 10, so I just gave the HTC 10 to my niece who is on my Family Plan so she will keep paying the HTC 10 Jump On Demand monthly payments, so no more HTC 10 for me. I was going to keep it until the Note 7 was released and do the jump for it but I'll keep my S7 edge and will be switching phones every week between the edge and the Axon 7.

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Same . I have nothing to say bad about the 10. I simply just like what the s7 edge has to offer more. But one thing, mms messages are not working it keeps saying check apn settings but i can't taper with those?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Same . I have nothing to say bad about the 10. I simply just like what the s7 edge has to offer more. But one thing, mms messages are not working it keeps saying check apn settings but i can't taper with those?

If you can't edit the default one, just create a new one and look on Google for the best for your carrier, and use those and see if it works, if not and is a carrier's phone, call support.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Ohh, Verizon...that's another story, the only carrier that removes so many things on a device just because they can...

In that case, give them a call and explain your issue, they must fix it for you. One thing you can do is download something like Textra that allows to customize MMS settings within the app and see if by changing it there it gets fixed, then you may know for sure what exactly is causing your issue.

Good luck.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
My VZW S7e has the same APN but still works.

If your MMS once worked and now does not, then something must have changed.

Have you tried the basics?

* Verify that the messaging client's permissions have not somehow changed.
* Force stop your client, then clear the cache (not the data) of the app.
* Change your client. Your phone came with two. If you're using the Verizon Message +, try the native Samsung client.
* Switch off the mobile network and then turn it back on. This could be a handshaking issue between the phone and the network.
* If you have Advanced Calling activated, turn it off. I've read that the AC can sometimes cause messaging issues. I can't verify that one though.
* Clear the phone's cache and reboot (or reboot into the maintenance menu and clear the cache there). Remember to skip the cleaning tools or apps. They often cause more issues than they fix.
* Reset factory defaults.

After all this, if your MMS still does not work, then you may want to consider a factory reset. I know it's about the last thing on anyone's list of happy things, but Big Red will have you do that if you call their tech support (Lol). If they decide to replace the device, you'll be rebuilding anyway.

Last edited:

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I literally just got the phone on Monday lol and I don't think group messages not working is reason to replace the phone lol . I'm sure there is some setting that needs to be tampered with. Nothing hardware wise

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
No, I don't necessarily expect that they would jump to replace it for that, but that's often their fallback if the reset doesn't fix an issue. It's often easier and quicker for them to swap the device then to spend a long time troubleshooting, especially when you've had the device for just a few days.

Another thing to look at is the MMS settings in whatever client you're using. Ensure that they are all switched how you want them.

Finally, I've read that sometimes this can be caused by an issue with your SIM card and how it is set in the carrier's system. If you look in SETTINGS/ABOUT PHONE/STATUS, look for My Phone Number and MIN. If either shows UNKNOWN instead of your telephone number, that's a fix that Verizon will have to make. This probably shouldn't be an issue, though, if you're using the preinstalled SIM.

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I just spoke to Verizon and because it's working on message plus (their app) and also on textra they said it's most likely a Samsung app issue. It happens on my boyfriend note edge on att too. I'll call Samsung tomorrow or something . They said it might be because of the updates and stuff . All settings are at what they should be and if it were a network problem or something it wouldn't work at all not just on the Samsung app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21