Made the switch

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Ah. So it works on another client. That's a good thing. You haven't asked, but I'd recommend that you try the Verizon message client. It's a LOT better than it was when they first released it.

The Samsung Messages app has a selection for MMS settings. Are they all switched on?

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I use to love Textra, but I couldn't receive or send MMS messages reliably. I had to remove Textra and reset my settings. Currently using stock,but I play with Verizon messages from time to time.

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
That's raises a good question, I wonder if installing textra messed with my settings for the stock messaging app. It's just weird because it solely doesn't work on stock app but flawlessly on textra or Verizon messages . Verizon said it's most likely a software issue so I'm sure it'll be figured out soon. I'm usually OCD with my phone and need it to be PERFECT lol but realizing that sometimes it's something out of control and just have to wait it out .

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
That's raises a good question, I wonder if installing textra messed with my settings for the stock messaging app. It's just weird because it solely doesn't work on stock app but flawlessly on textra or Verizon messages . Verizon said it's most likely a software issue so I'm sure it'll be figured out soon. I'm usually OCD with my phone and need it to be PERFECT lol but realizing that sometimes it's something out of control and just have to wait it out .

Installing Textra shouldn't mess with the stock messaging app, Textra has its own settings so it doesn't even changes anything on the phone settings besides the Default App selection.

Does Verizon has something like T-Mobile's Wifi Calling? I'm asking because I've read and seen all kind of weird issues when Wifi Calling is on, some of them related to calls, sms and mms. I'm just wondering if Textra works because it has its own settings and overrides whatever other settings may affects the stock one.

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
that could be it. it does have that advanced calling feature. everyone is saying to use verizon messages, so far i like it and its not draining battery like textra was.

another thing, spotify can't be moved to the SD card?
one great thing about the htc 10 was adoptable storage. there are barely any apps that can be moved to the sd card unless I'm missing something?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
that could be it. it does have that advanced calling feature. everyone is saying to use verizon messages, so far i like it and its not draining battery like textra was.

another thing, spotify can't be moved to the SD card?
one great thing about the htc 10 was adoptable storage. there are barely any apps that can be moved to the sd card unless I'm missing something?

You can enable Adoptable storage on the S7/S7 edge, it was disabled by Samsung and they had their reasons and believe it or not, they seemed logical to me, LG did the same and for the same reasons, so there's that.

BUT, if you want to use adoptable storage, try looking on this link, it will provide you with the instructions.

Just one more thing, just keep posting here, please, I don't know if you are the one in your Avatar, but there is something on that picture that just make me comfortable, relax and at ease just by looking at it..., I just hope you don't get it the wrong way.

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
That's me, the one & only :) I think that was a compliment so thank you! Lol and if you don't mind telling me, what were the reasons for disabling it? Should I not turn it on?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
That's me, the one & only :) I think that was a compliment so thank you! Lol and if you don't mind telling me, what were the reasons for disabling it? Should I not turn it on?

If you need it, yes you can do it, I haven't read any negative results because of this. This article can give you an idea about their reasons. Samsung Issues Statement On Galaxy S7 And S7 Edge microSD Android 6.0 Marshmallow 'Adoptable Storage' Issue : TECH : Tech Times.

And yes, that was a compliment, ehh, kind of, it seems ;) lol

Last edited:

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Is charging your phone when its at like 70 back to 100 bad? Should i let it die further?
Or does it not matter? Cause i hear a little bit of everything

Last edited:

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Not fully discharging the battery used to be a big deal some time back, but it's not as important any more. I let mine run down to about 20% once a week or so to "exercise" the battery just because I always have. Normally, mine hits the charger at bedtime with 50-60% remaining.

The really important thing to remember is to avoid letting your battery drain completely. I've read of folks with these newer devices who let their batteries drain and then can't get them to recharge. There are workarounds to fix it in most cases, but it's an easily-avoided PITA.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
No issue with doing that. I usually let mine go down to about 60% or 50% and then recharge it. That's how much I normally have at the end of the day when it put it on charger.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
So I turned it on because I needed more space and I found two hiccups. One, the phone will no longer adequately show you how much space you have left. It'll be some weird random number that doesn't make sense. Two, you'll no longer be able to capture burst shots with the camera. Those were the only problems I found, but I decided to just turn it back off before I found anymore. And I agree with the other poster. Good to have you around!

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Thank you! Good to know . Ok i think itll be best to keep it off . It's just spotify thats causing me problems with battery and storage lol i love music

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome! And I'm the same way lol. I use Google Play Music though. They don't have an option to store music on the SD card in Spotify? That sucks. Maybe they'll add it soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad